Discussion in '"Boat Anchor" & Classic Equipment' started by G4REK, Jun 28, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
  1. G4REK

    G4REK Ham Member QRZ Page

    Does anyone know where i can obtain the green paint for my set...i will not pay the highly inflated price that the robbers are wanting for same....
    jim g4rek
  2. KC8VWM

    KC8VWM Moderator Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

    Sometimes I find it for sale at Army Surplus stores for a reasonable price.

    It's usually the original mil spec. rated coating the military actually uses too. Not that cheap aftermarket stuff.
  3. KB4QAA

    KB4QAA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

    Here in the US you can take a painted item to a major paint store or auto body shop, they scan the paint, mix colors and put it in spray can or bulk.
  4. 2M0LQF

    2M0LQF Ham Member QRZ Page

    In case anyone finds this old thread, the correct colour is called "Deep Bronze Green", you can pick up a tins of MoD surplus stuff on EBay for £10-15. You will need to use an acid etch primer to get it to stick to the aluminium.

Share This Page