ad: elecraft

Civilian Conservation Corp (CCC) Special Event in Alabama

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by N4BAT, Oct 24, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N4BAT

N4BAT Ham Member QRZ Page

On Saturday October 28th, The Calhoun County Amateur Club (CCARA) with be hosting a special event celebrating the 78th year of the park on Cheaha Mountain, the highest point in the state of Alabama. The event is scheduled to run from 7am CDT until 7pm CDT. You may find out more about the special event on our clubs web site @

https://calcoara.com/2017-ccc-event-play-on-cheaha-mt-day/

We will be using a 1x1 callsign of W4k

If you would like a QSL card, please send an SASE to:

Calhoun County Amateur Radio Club - Wb4GNA
    P.O Box 599, Alexandria, Alabama 36250

We plan on operating phone, some CW, and some digital. Hope to work you this weekend!!

73 de N4BAT

2. N4AAB

N4AAB Ham Member QRZ Page

Good Luck Shawn ! Cold and possible rain on Saturday. The pavillion should give you all plenty of cover. The fireplaces might come in handy to.

3. N4AAB

N4AAB Ham Member QRZ Page

I heard them on 2 meters this morning guiding people to the pavaillion where they are set up. Very foggy up on Mt. Cheaha, but they have their antennas up. Several other club members are headed up there. Clearing weather this afternoon. If you do go up, take rain gear and a jacket or coat. It gets windier up there than it typically is down here in the valley. And the temperatures are going to drop later today.

4. WT4W

WT4W XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Good luck. I wonder how the contest is going to effect your event, hopefully you'll be able to find a sliver of bandspace to work.

I'll try calling, not sure if I'll be able to make the trip or not. I'm afraid I'm in that window of being too close for skip and too far for groundwave, we'll see.