Citizens Banned

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W3SY, Jan 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: Left-2
  1. W3SY

W3SY Ham Member QRZ Page

If you are the reflective and sentimental sort, you could spend some Quality Time thumbing through the list of QRZ banned users. (Just click on the "Members" button above, and set it to display only banned users.)

Ah, memories! It's a veritable ROGUES GALLERY of some of the more irritating and obnoxious miscreants to pass through these hallowed halls.

Among the "distinguished alumni" was one NN6EE. Remember him? I heard him on 20 SSB just a few days ago, during the 1A0KM pileup. He was calling when the DX asked for someone else, and several times called WHILE the DX was talking. Not a very impressive display of operating.

Do you have a favorite banned user? Would you care to share any fond memories of any of these jokers?

And good day to YOU, sir.

p.s. Goodnight Marty... wherever you are!

2. Guest

Guest Guest

"Goodnight Marty... wherever you are!" W3SY

Hey Steve,

Thanks! In my nearly 41 years on the air I have never had someone bestow such a heartwarming and heartfelt salutation on me.

Once again many Thanks!

Sincerely

Marty WB2RJR, a pro-code conservative republican

WAIT! You didn't mean that other Marty, did you?

3. N5CTI

N5CTI Ham Member QRZ Page

I was wondering why I hadn't read any of his entries lately. I must have missed his "bannable" post(s). And there's another recent, frequent poster who was apparently banned recently, and I missed his trigger, too.

I guess I need to check the QRZ.com forums more frequently, so I don't miss these interesting events. [​IMG]

4. W3SY

W3SY Ham Member QRZ Page

Right, Marty WA2RJR.... I refer to Him Whose Name Shall Not Be Spoken: The "Insolent Person." The man with the scowl.

I wonder -- Can a banned user ever be UN-banned? Or is it like a Pete Rose style "lifetime ban?"

My favorite banned user was a pimply young Aussie called VK4TAY. He's the one who called people "Osama" if he didn't like them. He would bug me in private e-mail too. I forwarded his messages, headers as well, to his ISP. Didn't hear from him for a while. Then he started bugging me again, this time (surprise) from another ISP. Sent THAT ISP his messages and headers. Have not heard from him since.

He's probably in jail now.

To my surprise, PublixDietSoda was not on the banned list. He MIGHT have made the list, but he ran away in shame before qualifying. If you remember, he was the one who posted a message about kicking up such a fuss in the Rat Shack that the mall Rent-a-Cops had to show him the door. I think the police may have been called as well. He thought he'd find sympathy here, but we just laughed at him, and he slithered back under the rock he crawled out from.

"Let the dead rest and the past remain the past?" What, is that a line from Lord of the Rings? No way, man. I say dig 'em up so they can amuse us once again!

Out.

5. N1XHF

N1XHF Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KC9ECI @ Jan. 05 2004,10:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Let the dead rest and the past remain the past.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I agree, let the dead rest.........But then again there is no rest for the wicked [​IMG] , If they are not on here causing problems they are either on the air or on another site pulling the same stuff.

6. N1XHF

N1XHF Ham Member QRZ Page

Steve well said! [​IMG]

7. N8CPA

N8CPA Ham Member QRZ Page

Citizens Banned?  Are they QRZ.com's &quot;CBers?&quot;  Should we refer to the list of the disallowed as Part 95, or would that be too cruel?

One thing I have noticed in my short time here:  This site is tolerant above and beyond obligation.  To end up on that list, well, too bad for them!

Code's Primary Advocate. Compassionate conservative independent. i.e. Charity should foster and inspire self-reliance not enable perpetual dependence. Bootstraps not legweights.

!!

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Wow, Marty made it to the &quot;CB list&quot; afterall... Guess now I can resume posting here again....

Strangely enough, there are several people on the &quot;CB list&quot; I recognized... Of course I didn't expect there would be 35 pages of list either.....

On another note, has anyone seen the survey on ARRL's home page that asks &quot;Which is your greatest hope for Amateur Radio in 2004?&quot;...

The possible answers are:
    1) That BPL (Broadband over Power Line) will be stopped before it spreads
    2) That the FCC will drop Morse code testing
    3) That the FCC will retain Morse code testing
    4) That more antenna restrictions will be overturned
    5) That more people will become hams
    6) None of the above

In the results you will see that an overwhelming majority selected 3....

Over &amp; out Andy...

Tom NJ1K

9. WA2ZDY

WA2ZDY Guest

There are some pretty wild user names there. . .

Also a few whom I know personally and never knew they had been here, and others who I recall being pretty good contributors. I'm glad I never saw what THEY did to get banned, as I can remember the good rather than the bad.

Ah well, such is life. As I've said here many times, I'm a guest of Fred's while I visit here, and I'm glad I'm welcome. I hope my conduct here will always reflect that. The day it doesn't, I'll have nobody but myself to blame if I find myself on that list too.

10. W5OTR

W5OTR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

the 2 by 2 6 call marty?? Where do you find the CB list??

chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.