ad: elecraft

'Cincinnati Liars Lager' June 15 fundraiser will benefit National VOA Museum of Broadcasting

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by G4TUT/SK2022, May 17, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. G4TUT/SK2022

G4TUT/SK2022 Ham Member QRZ Page

'Cincinnati Liars Lager' June 15 fundraiser will benefit National VOA Museum of Broadcasting
    West Chester Grainworks Brewery will create beer, host event

Grainworks Brewing Company of West Chester will help the National VOA Museum of Broadcasting have fun and raise funds by tapping the first keg of its “Cincinnati Liars Lager” at a June 15 fundraiser.

The event will be held at Grainworks, 7790 Service Center Dr. on Saturday, June 15 from 2 to 10 p.m. Proceeds from beer sales and “Cincinnati Liars” t-shirts featuring the beer label will benefit the museum. Pints will cost $6; live music, board games and the keg tapping are also planned.

Bottles of “Cincinnati Liars Lager” will be available for sale later this summer at Grainworks. They will also be featured at the museum’s “Celebration of 75 Years of VOA Bethany Station,” its major fundraiser, on Saturday, Sept. 21.

“When the Voice of America at Bethany Station began transmitting shortwave radio war news to the European theater and our Allied troops in September of 1944, we didn’t know if anyone was listening,” said Jack Dominic, VOA museum director. “It soon became apparent that they were. Adolf Hitler, who ran an extensive propaganda machine to control the German people, soon after called the Bethany Station, ‘those Cincinnati liars.’ We’re proud to honor Bethany Station’s contribution to the VOA’s mission of telling the truth in media in order to let people in oppressed countries decide what form of government they want and will support.”

[​IMG]

“We’re happy to support the VOA museum during this special anniversary,” said Steven Brock, Grainworks COO. “We look forward to helping spread the word about the incredible people and technology at the museum.”

The Cincinnati Liars Lager beer label was designed by Frankie Doerpers of West Chester. Doerpers is an artist and former art teacher at Lakota East High School’s freshman school.

VOA museum opening hours are Saturdays and Sundays from 1 to 4 p.m. at 8070 Tylersville Road. Admission is $5 for adults and $1 for children.

Docents are always needed and welcome. For information, call (513) 777-0027. For a complete schedule of 2019 VOA museum events, visit www.voamuseum.org.

http://www.southgatearc.org/news/2019/may/cincinnati-liars-lager.htm

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

KE8JTL, KE8JWE, K0UO and 2 others like this.
  2. W0MSN

W0MSN Ham Member QRZ Page

This is very cool! Great cause. Wish I could attend. I'll be looking forward to purchasing some liars lager when available in MN. Cheers

3. WY7RF

WY7RF Ham Member QRZ Page

I was just there yesterday. For me, it was the highlight of my Hamvention trip.

KE8JWE and WB9VPG like this.
  4. WY7BG

WY7BG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The WLW tour was great. Amazing feat of engineering. Those stone knives and bear skins made one heckuva machine.

KC8TMW and KE8JWE like this.
  5. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Screenshot_20190520-153600_Gallery.jpg
    That beer brings a whole new meaning to a 807!
    If only part of the big antenna Farm was still there, it was truly impressive as all the VOA sites were.

K0UO Rhombic Antenna Farm

Last edited: May 20, 2019
    KE8JWE likes this.
  6. KE8JWE

KE8JWE Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

For all the guys that visited the VOA Museum. We are glad you enjoyed what you saw. We are very proud of what we as a club have put together for all who are interested. and very thankful of all of our supporters Like you folks. We hope that we see you all again next year. 73 Vic KE8JWE

WY7BG, WY7RF and K0UO like this.
  7. WY7RF

WY7RF Ham Member QRZ Page

The club was very hospitable, and it was a joy to operate the club station at the museum. I hope to see you guys again! 73

8. KD8VRX

KD8VRX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Just in time for Father's Day! :)

9. KK5H

KK5H Ham Member QRZ Page

Will it be possible to order a t-shirt? I don't see any info about that.

10. KD8VRX

The VOA Museum has a t-shirt for sale at the gift shop, but not with this logo. The brewery(grainworks) will hopefully have some because that would be a great t-shirt. I will see what I can find out and keep you posted.

11. KD8VRX

Proceeds from beer sales and “Cincinnati Liars” t-shirts featuring the beer label will benefit the museum.

There will be t-shirts! :)

12. KY5U

KY5U Ham Member QRZ Page

Liar's Lager? Must be contesters...