ad: AbAuRe-1

CHUCK REVILLE, K3FT, SK

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by WB4FDT, Oct 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. WB4FDT

WB4FDT Ham Member QRZ Page

"Chuck" Reville, K3FT, a world-class CW and phone contest operator passed away several days ago. He was first licensed as WN3LQV in 1968, and became K3FT in 1976. He was fortunate to combine both his hobby and job(s). Chuck held both first class Radio-telephone and Telegraph licenses. From 1976-82 he was an operator at ship-to-shore Baltimore station WMH. In the 1980's he joined the Merchant Marine and was Chief Radio operator aboard several ships, include the "Comfort" during the first Gulf War. He also worked for the former Field Operations Branch of the FCC. Chuck wa a hyper-active ham. I note in the QRZ site, the number of lookups for K3FT total an incredible 2739! In recent years Chuck was best known for operating contests under various multi-op stations including W3LPL, W3PP and WR3L. He won the Maryland QSO Party twice, and two years ago came in ninth nationally in the ARRL 10-meter contest. He was an avid member of the Potomac Valley Radio Club (PVRC) and was active in the local ARES chapter, and in the Maryland CW Net. Chuck was only in his early 50's. Ham Radio can ill-afford to lose hams of this stature.

2. K3GOD

K3GOD Ham Member QRZ Page

Chuck was a great guy, we VE'd together with the aero club ARRL VEC team. He was very active in the hobby and will really be missed. The word of God says "We come into this world with nothing and it is certain we will leave this world with nothing" Stuff that is! I have yet to see any Brinks armored vehicle next to grave sites! I do hope Chuck was born again and knew Jesus Christ! Jesus talks about being born again in the new testament. Please make time to read "John 3" it could change you life?
    Thanks
    RBurns

3. AC3P

AC3P Ham Member QRZ Page

I've known Chuck since the 1970's when he was WA3LQV. We talked many times on the air on 2 meters. Chuck has helped me with VE testing and many public service events. We at the Aero ARC were priveledged to have him help us on FD last June. We will miss him greatly.

I know that Chuck was a member of the National Capitol Bible Study Fellowship and they conducted his funeral yesterday. According to the pastor, Chuck had accepted Christ many years ago.

At the funeral I was amazed at how many people's lives Chuck touched in a positive way. I learned much about him that he never alluded to on the air.

I came away from the service knowing that I had been honored to be considered his friend.

73 and Rest in Peace old Friend.

4. K3CAV

K3CAV Ham Member QRZ Page

I have known Chuck for only a short while compared to WB4FDT, K3GOD and AC3P.  I originally met Chuck when I joined the Baltimore Amateur Radio Club in 1996.  
    Chuck always steered new hams into being the best at whatever mode they wished to pursue.  Chuck was an amazing CW op but did not force anyone in that direction.  If voice was your mode of choice, he would help as much as he could.
    I have worked several Field Days, Public Service events, Contests at WR3L, Radio Club projects and one HF for New Hams event at a local park.  He was always tireless in pursuit of a goal.
    His passing is truly a loss to the Baltimore area amateurs.  Rest in peace OM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.