Chirp and COM Ports on Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Ham Radio on macOS & iOS' started by KJ4RT, Jul 5, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: l-BCInc
ad: l-gcopper
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. KJ4RT

KJ4RT Ham Member QRZ Page

I am running Mac High Sierra 10.13.6 and when I try to use it for my TYT TH9800 I do not get Com Port 3 or 4 I only show a bunch of gobbeldigook numbers on the top port and something labeled bluetooth on the next port and I think on the nest on it is something about wireless. I do not see COM port 3 or 4 or anything else.

Also when I click on the top port and try to click on the window that chooses radio manufacturer it will only stay as long as I keep it clicked and move the mouse pointer to the correct manufacturer, the same thing happens when I try to select the model.

Any help or suggestions?

2. KN4QNA

KN4QNA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Mac doesn't handle com ports like Windows. You should see something like /dev/cu.something. /cu.Bluetooth-Incoming-Port and a few others are always present. Look at the list then plug in your programming cable and radio. If the drivers are installed, a new listing will be there and that's the port you need. It should work from there

3. KJ4RT

Here is what I get; [Errno 2] could not open port /dev/cu.usbserial-AR0JYZ68: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/dev/cu.usbserial-AR0JYZ68'

4. KN4QNA

KN4QNA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I think that means you have the wrong driver installed or need to reinstall the driver for the programming cable. My experience was with Baofengs and after a few tries it seems to have taken so I am working from 2 year old memories. What cable do you have? I am using the FTDI drivers in my setup

5. KJ4RT

The cable I am using for the TYT TH9800 is the one that was supplied by the Manufacturer. The one for my TIDRADIO TH6 the tag says Driver free.