Chinese Conterfeit Components

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by WA1UIL, Aug 8, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. AH7I

AH7I Ham Member QRZ Page

100% of the ones I ordered/received through Aliexpress were fine.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
  2. AH7I

AH7I Ham Member QRZ Page

If the cheap cable uses the Prolific chip, install the driver. http://www.prolific.com.tw/US/ShowProduct.aspx?p_id=225&pcid=41

3. KE0EYJ

KE0EYJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

First one I had was prolific. And a true one. It won't work with HRD, and Windows 10 has issues with them, and what port they are on, as well. Didn't work on mypandapter

4. ZL2WHO

ZL2WHO Ham Member QRZ Page

Counterfeit BLF188XR
    Hi all.
    I have found a BLF188XR 1kW rf device to be COUNTERFEIT !
    The 50v device was soldered down to copper heat spreader and tested at 33v. At 9 amps and 100w out it failed.
    A second one with the same markings was installed and this also failed at around the same current.
    Having had a good known device fail I quickly removed the top to see what in under these things. A good device has countless (100x) bonding wires that connect large multiple semiconductors, the package is clearly built with a lot going on inside. The counterfeit one... well a whole different story. Small semi conductor with 18 bonding wires per side. Clearly not able to handle the extra large current of the good BLF188xr.

The marking on the device is ... Top left 8623 and between the letters BLF188XR and the word PHILIPPINES is the code NXP m1327.
    If you look on Ebay at Chinese sellers these things are there with this marking.

I also noted that it is not packaged in the anti static plastic tray for auto placement but comes in a sealed plastic anti static bag.
    Closer inspection of the lettering shows the letter R in BLF188XR to be a different type than the known good one, and look very closely at the letter S in word Philippines as the very center of the S is different, its only a few pixels different but easy to spot.

The duds were 115 USD ( yes I know what your thinking ) so be aware of these.

Here are some links.
    1) My picture of the two devices side my side. You don't need a degree in RF to work out which one is counterfeit..
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/80296457@N02/29061425962/in/photostream

2) Check out this seller. The two pics show to different batches. Look at the markings of the one in the plastic anti static bag, look familiar ?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/1Pcs-ORIGIN...926601?hash=item2800bab009:g:iacAAOSwu4BVzvEh

3) my purchase was through Ebay seller ICAGENT.

Im keen to hear from anyone that has also purchased this device to have it fail at such low power. A good device should handle a TDD of around 500w.
    Where else can I post this info? I want the word to get out so these little shits don't rob anyone else.
    What are the chances that Ebay will do something about this ? my gess 0 %

Mark Kennard
    ZL2WHO

5. KB3VWG

KB3VWG Ham Member QRZ Page

6. AI6KX

AI6KX Ham Member QRZ Page

7. WA1UIL

WA1UIL Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi All , The Ebay seller with the counterfeit RD15HVF1 FET's I dealt with is "alice1101983" so be forewarned !! Frank

8. AH7I

AH7I Ham Member QRZ Page

Finally received counterfeit! A Samsung USB 3.0 cable was offered. The cable
    received was not Samsung and not USB 3.0.
    $1.98 and seller is trying every which way to avoid refund. It will provide an
    inexpensive opportunity to see how well Aliexpress handles a counterfeit claim.
    Unlike some sellers who offer "SUMSUNG" brand and "USB 3.0 charge compatible"
    Store Yun Yun in Guangdong knowingly misrepresents the counterfeit product as
    actual brand and function.

9. AI6KX

AI6KX Ham Member QRZ Page

I think if you follow the procedures, that Aliexpress is great about refunds.

10. WA1UIL

WA1UIL Ham Member QRZ Page

Here's a video on how they harvest parts to " Reclaim- Relabel- Resell"