Chinese 811A and 572B tubes possible cause of early failure

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Amplifiers' started by N8FVJ, Jul 18, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

Werent you lucky! I started out in Richmond Hill, then Greene Ave in the Brooklyn Bushwick section, between Evergreen and Central, when it was still real nice. Riding the rattle trap NY subway system to Coney was as much as possible!

Later I drove in from Valley Stream until joining the USN in 59 and havent been back.

2. W1QJ

W1QJ Ham Member QRZ Page

My parents moved us out of Brooklyn in 1955 to come to Connecticut where I grew up. Was only 3 when we moved out, but my grandparents still lived there on Mermaid Ave. and my memories are from return trips monthly to visit the grandparents. My father would take me up on the boardwalk to go on the rides and play those silly games of chance. Never went to school in Brooklyn too young so did all schooling in the little town of Ridgefield,CT.
    The old parachute tower is still there. It is the Coney Island landmark.

3. K2XT

K2XT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Here you go, Guys. The Excellents. When this song came out it was the day of DX100, Rangers, SX101, 833 modulated by a pair of 811s, and you guys already building QRO rigs or drooling over them.

KM1H, W2VW, W1NK and 1 other person like this.
  4. N2IIE

N2IIE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I worked in the TV Studio at Ave M and E14th St in Midwood Brooklyn.. For ten years shooting "As the World Turns' as the Chief Engineer. I drove by Coney Island 5 days a week.

5. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah BUT they were from the Bronx or Bronix as many "pernounced" it. That chick with the binoculars is pure local Coney Italian even in that 2010 photo. I never went to the beach there with those crazy crowds, went to Long Beach, Point Lookout or Jones Beach.

My rig in 57-59 was a Viking I, HQ-129X, and HB 250TH's modulated by 810's. A pair of rough BC-610's for parts, the NIB 810's and other goodies came via the MARS program at Mitchel AFB.

Here is some pure Brooklyn
    https://www.brownstoner.com/brooklyn-life/doo-wop-music/

Carl

K2XT and KD2ACO like this.