China via the BURO

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by K4EM, Jun 18, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. K4EM

K4EM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Anyone ever receive a card from China via the buro? China is a participating member of the ARRL buro system, just curious.
    Dave
    k4em

2. K7GQ

K7GQ Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes, I've received a few - not many (3-4%) - through "our" national bureau. China is not a participating member - like all others - they simply exchange bulk QSLs with other national bureaus, as does the ARRL.

3. K7MH

K7MH Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes. There really is no such designation as that. A particular DXCC entity either has it's own bureau or it doesn't.
    If it doesn't, we don't have a bureau in that entity to send cards to for delivery to their hams. They can still send card to
    our bureaus though.
    Obviously some entities wouldn't have a bureau since they have no population. So check first and don't send cards
    to the ARRL outgoing QSL service if there is nowhere to send them to beyond that. They say they will toss them out
    in that case as I recall.
    I would guess that many entities out there do not have an outgoing QSL service like we do at the ARRL. The individual ham would have to send batches of cards to each US call area club that handles cards for that area. The ARRL has nothing to do with cards coming into the US. The cards are sent directly to the different clubs that manage cards for that call area.
    The ARRL sure wouldn't want to cover all the postage to disseminate cards that were sent to them to be forwarded on to the individual clubs that send them to you eventually. It would be costly and unmanageable that way.
    If the ARRL were to do it that way, they would have to have us send envelopes and funds to them instead of your local call area club and it would at times be a very big job to keep up with.
    Far more manageable at the local club level!

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019