"Chick Factor Night" at W9IMS on May 24

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W9IND, May 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. N1BWK

N1BWK Ham Member QRZ Page

Geez, not another naysayer. :cool:...get a life. Like I said before....Great Idea and hope all the YLs have a blast, my hat is off to y'all:)
    73's
    Bruce
    KB1QNU

The Connecticut Connection

2. AF9J

AF9J Ham Member QRZ Page

'FE, why the rip on the Chick Factor Night? Have you ever participated in a special event station? It's a lot of fun - especially when you generate your own mini pileup. Not everybody freaks out when several people call them at the same time.

With regards to the "CW is the only true amatuer radio" mentality - you do realize that some of us chicks also do CW? I passed my Extra 14 years ago at 20 WPM. Right now I'm taking a break from doing the the CW, CQ WPX, where I'm using a single lever paddle at 30 plus WPM, with NO computer sending or decoding. BTW, I've also been using Bugs for 25 years. Please don't make generalizations. There are many more facets to amatuer radio than ragchewing on CW. CW (along with QRP) is cool, but I will admit, if I really want to shoot the breeze. I'll take phone. One of the most interesting QSOs I had was on Xmas Eve night 1996, on 160m SSB. It was with an old gent, who talked about (among various things), his experiences as a B-29 pilot during WW2. VERY interesting. I don't think we would have been able to talk about half of the things we talked about during our QSO, during the same amount of time, using CW, even at 35 WPM, with tons of abbreviations.

BTW, trolling is really lame.

Ellen - AF9J

Last edited: May 25, 2008
  3. KB9ZLB

KB9ZLB Ham Member QRZ Page

Alrighty ladies and gents, I'll be one of the loverly YL's operating tonight!! WOOHOO!

Anyway, no...we don't have any beer guts. But...

...we will have men serving us snacks, drinks, and what every woman [young or old] needs to survive on a long CQ/QSO haul...chocolate!

Be expecting large pile-ups and good ops, if I do say so myself. We will have talented and brilliant young women operating all the radios at the W9IMS station!! This is going to be awesome, folks. Hold on to your hat...you might be surprised at how well we operate the rigs and handle pile-ups! :D

Heather

We build the pile-ups with a few simple CQs...now can you get through them?

4. W3UC

W3UC Ham Member QRZ Page

Just started on 7.245 !!!!! Id also like to point out as a new General my first YL contact!!!

5. WB2GFC

WB2GFC Ham Member QRZ Page

The girls are doing great! I've already made two contacts
    myself. Hats off to Heather and Kim. Hoping to hear the
    others soon.

6. KC0RAM

KC0RAM Ham Member QRZ Page

anybody coming back to 7.245 :D

7. KB9ZLB

KB9ZLB Ham Member QRZ Page

WOW! That was a blast!!! I've headed home for the night, but things are still kickin' at the Comm Center! Thank you so much to everyone who made this night so memorable for each of us! It was great talking to other YL's and of course the OM of Ham Radio...your positive attitudes kept the night lively and fun! Hopefully we can do this again...it was great!

Thanks again, folks!
    Heather, KB9ZLB

8. NF0A

NF0A Ham Member QRZ Page

Hmmmm, You must be having your version of a nightmare?

And I do believe you need your medication PRONTO!
    Don`t wake up please...:rolleyes::D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.