ad: elecraft

(Chicago) Marathon Man on HamRadioNow

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K4AAQ, Dec 15, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. K4AAQ

K4AAQ Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm gonna lead this post by saying that I have noticed the Videos and Podcasts forum here on QRZ.com. And I think I'm almost the only one who has. There are a few programs listed there, with only a handful of views for each. I think it's a great idea, and a graveyard (for now). I'll also note that this program, while interesting, is hardly 'news.' So what to do? Obviously I chose to put it here. And the mods may move me as appropriate.

On with the show...

HRN 374 Marathon Man POSTER 250.jpg

This happy guys is Rob Orr K9RST. Rob is lead ham for the Chicago Marathon, and has been for a decade.

The Chicago Marathon is the second largest in the world (after New York, but bigger than Boston by a smidge). Almost 150 hams help the medical side of the event.

If you get off on public-service events like this, I think you'll like hearing Rob talk about how they do it in my old home town (hog-butcher to the world, for those who like really old references that are no longer accurate).

And note that while this is a YouTube TV show, it's mostly talking-heads, so the Podcast side of HamRadioNow may do the job more conveniently.

W4TGA, KD5BVX and W9LRM like this.
  2. KR9T

KR9T Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The Energizer Bunny has nothing on you! Way-to-go, Rob.

3. UT8IAJ

UT8IAJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Я Вам завидую

4. YC1EJL

YC1EJL Ham Member QRZ Page

nice....

5. N9BBE

N9BBE Ham Member QRZ Page

Very good talk about the responsibilities and expectations of the Amateur Radio group that supports the Chicago Marathon.
    Thanks Rob..I'm proud to be part of your team.

6. N9CKZ

N9CKZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Rob Orr represents the best in amateur radio public service.

7. NY9H

NY9H Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

rob orr represents the best in amateur radio...
    balanced & strong...GREAT JOB.....

8. KG7LEA

KG7LEA Ham Member QRZ Page

If you want to hear about amateur radio listen to the organizers of marathons, long-distance bike rides, and back country running events.

9. VE3EEI

VE3EEI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I thought about volunteering for events like these back in younger days. Then I decided to actually compete in the events instead of just watch.... :) de VE3EEI.