ad: SDRKits-1

Check sq6pnp on qrz

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by K2HN, Feb 8, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
  1. K2HN

K2HN Subscriber QRZ Page

Anyone having any contact with someone using this call sign? The name Rafal Adelajda or Laura Blevins or kd4rfv? These are all the contact info I have after what's looking like a possible $400. loss, not receiving the transceiver (Rafal) offered. Payment was sent to a Laura Blevins (Paypal). The callsign Kd4rfv was a cc on the first contact from Rafal. I believe Paypal will cover me but being retired law enforcement I am going to start talking to authorities in kd4rfv's home town. This all started from a wanted post I put on. If you need any more info for any reason or have any info please contact me on adkmurray@yahoo.com Thanks

2. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Volunteer Moderator Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

If you paid for "Goods and Services" you have a pretty good chance

Did you pay using "Friends and Family"? If you did you'll never see a dime.

Dave
    W7UUU

3. K2HN

K2HN Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes, paid under "goods and services". Should get my money back but still would like to get this jerk. Did file a complaint with the Internet Crime Complaint Center to start. I knew I was taking a chance with this one but the price was sure right :). The last time something happened like this I called the sellers home town PD. They went to the home and I received my payment. Anyone can do that and should. In this case it gets a little more complicated but even though the guy used a call sign from Poland etc.. my bet he is in the US.

4. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

If you think that the "real" KD4RFV has anything to do with this you would most likely be wrong.

Suggest that before you bring down the authorities on an innocent guy that you contact him yourself first.

Most likely it is the scammers impersonating him.

@KD4RFV

W7UUU likes this.
  5. K2HN

K2HN Subscriber QRZ Page

Way ahead of you. Already tried that - no response. No one is going to "bring down the authorities on an innocent guy". There is no harm in talking to him. I wouldn't let it worry you to much, you could be his next target or anyone else for that matter.

X53FLIER likes this.
  6. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

7. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

Sorry... way ahead of you... no, no I could not. Won't happen.

8. K2HN

K2HN Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes, that is the same email that was included with the guys initial response to my want ad and the only time it came up. Now, after communicating with kd4rfv and going over all the posts I see what the scammer did. RfV responded to an ad for an 817 by another individual. Scammer saw that and offered rfv one for a lower price. Rfv didn't bite since scammer was in Poland. Scammer then saw my ad wanting an 817 and just forwarded the message he sent to rfy which still had rfy's email on it to me.
    None of the other several emails from the scammer included rfy's email which at the time looked like he was possibly tipping off someone re the sale (rfy). Hope this makes sense. If nothing else, interesting. There are still a few crumbs left by the scammer that may lead to his demise such as the Paypal transaction, emails etc.. I would think that with IC3's capabilities it would be a slam dunk but probably overwhelmed with bigger fish to fry. I'm surprised at the number of scams on the forum after reading them all. One question I have re this scam is why did sq6pnp wait until now to complain about someone using his call etc..? How did he find out about it? May be an answer but don't know as of yet. Regardless, I did pay with goods and services so hopefully Paypal will come through.

9. K2HN

K2HN Subscriber QRZ Page

As it turns out I must admit you were right!

WR2E likes this.
  10. K2HN

K2HN Subscriber QRZ Page