ad: CQMM-1

Charlie Emerson N4OKL Silent Key

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by W4MAL, Jan 16, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W4MAL

W4MAL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Charlie Emerson N4OKL the man behind the Huntsville Hamfest has passed away 1-14-2017. .. I am just hearing this news of my friends passing I work at the Von Braun Center where the hamfest is held in the engineering dept and it was my pleasure working for such a fine man and great ham.

2. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Charles T. Emerson, N4OKL SK

SK January 14, 2017

Previous/Other Callsign(s): KG4OKL
    10-10 Number: 74265

[​IMG]

Charles T. Emerson
    September 6, 1945 - January 14, 2017
    Charles T. Emerson, age 71 of Huntsville, Alabama passed away Saturday, January 14, 2017 at a local hospital.
    He was born in Huntsville, Alabama to Floyd Lee and Robbie Lee Emerson.
    Charles was a U.S. Air Force Veteran, a 29+ years retiree from PPG and had been serving as the President of the Huntville Hamfest Association for the past 10+ years.

Mr. Emerson is survived by his ex-wife Amelia Haggar and their son Matthew Emerson; his current wife Nina Emerson; his stepson David Hartless and step granddaughters Ashley and Rachel; and his stepdaughter Jamie Kirch and stepgranddaughters Caroline, Sydney and Amilya.

Please join our family to celebrate the life of the man we know as “Charlie”, or “Old Dad”, or “Bluzman”.

A memorial service will be held on January 30, 2017 at Mayfair Church of Christ, 1095 Carl T. Jones Drive, Huntsville, AL 35802.

Visiting with family and friends will be from 6:00 pm till 7:00 pm.
    From 7:00 pm till 8:00 pm we will have opening songs and welcome, comments from friends and family, closing songs and prayer.

In lieu of flowers contributions may be made to one or more of the following of Charlie’s favorite Charities in his name Huntsville Downtown Rescue Mission,

Food Bank of North Alabama and St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.

http://www.hamptoncovefuneralhome.com/fh/obituaries/obituary.cfm?o_id=4069484&fh_id=13813

3. KN4OK

KN4OK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Very sad to hear about our friend Charlie who did a great job for the Huntsville Hamfest. God bless you Charlie and rest in peace.