Charger for Raspberry Pi?

Discussion in 'Computers, Hardware, and Operating Systems' started by KN4ACJ, Nov 7, 2020.

ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Left-2
  1. KK4NSF

KK4NSF Ham Member QRZ Page

Interesting. That's why I always use an outdoor antenna if at all possible. Since the printer is at the other end of the house, it may be noisier than I think it is. BUT I do know the power supply is terribly noisy, since I can hear it all the way to my shack if it doesn't have it's ferrites.

2. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

My power supply and printer power cord came with the ferrites. (Ender 3 Pro 3D printer)

But the RPi in a plastic case radiates a lot when you start connecting things to it.

Many use a Metal case to make use as a CPU heatsink. The RPi 4 needs a large heatsink. The RPi 3 runs cooler.

Using WiFi instead of wired Ethernet for the Pi can help a lot.

The USB cable that connects the printer to the RPi needs a ferrite also.

Normally when I 3D print, I ignore the radio and my wife. :oops: I pay attention to the smoke alarm. :)

3D Printing at 250 C can be fun and challenging. Hot is the new cool. :) Can you say "Stuck to the bed" lol

Last edited: Nov 10, 2020
  3. KK4NSF

KK4NSF Ham Member QRZ Page

that could be one difference. Mine is in an Anidees metal case that is grounded. It's got a heatsink in it, and a few extra holes... so it doesn't get too hot. And it's not on the network. It's amazing how small changes can alter things.
    [​IMG]

KA9JLM likes this.