Chameleon EmComm II Review and Giveaway!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KN6NWZ, Mar 24, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. KN6NWZ

KN6NWZ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I get so excited when I see Made in America ham radio products. I’ve seen some comments in QRZ about looking for the same. Here’s a review of a great light weight antenna that’s American made by Rolltech Manufacturing Chameleon Antennas. Josh KI6NAZ did a tour of the factory and it was pretty impressive! You can see that here:

Check out this review and there’s a giveaway that ends April 8, 2021 5pm PST. Link in the video below’s description.

Attached Files:

VA3EOJ, KI5ONL, KD2UHD and 5 others like this.
  2. W7FCL

W7FCL Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

This is a fantastic antenna. Used it at home up to 500w on all bands and now it shines as my portable QRP go to. So great, and they really stand behind their quality made products.

W1SRR and KN6NWZ like this.
  3. 2E0TWD

2E0TWD Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Really interesting tour, where the magic happens. Josh was super excited that they make the Winders, lol.

KN6NWZ likes this.
  4. KY4FN

KY4FN Ham Member QRZ Page

I use one as my HF base antenna. Pleasantly surprised that I can tune up 160 on down with it with my internal ATU despite the note in the manual about potentially needing an external tuner. It even comes up on 70cm per the RigExpert Stick Pro.

KN6NWZ likes this.
  5. KK9W

KK9W Ham Member QRZ Page

More accurately, machined and assembled in the U.S.A from globally sourced products.

K7LZR, N6SPP, AJ6KZ and 1 other person like this.
  6. KN6NWZ

QRP is for heroes!

N7KO, KA8UGB and AJ6KZ like this.
  7. KN6NWZ

I am surprised at the amount of attention winders get!

2E0TWD likes this.
  8. KN6NWZ

That’s pretty robust for such a portable antenna!

9. KN6NWZ

That’s accurate. But I think we’re hard pressed to find anything made in the USA that does not use globally sourced materials.

K4EIA and 2E0TWD like this.
  10. ZL1PDT

ZL1PDT Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks Josh pretty nice just bit hard to get here in ZL but I do like keep it up,
    Pieter