ad: elecraft

SOLD CHAMALEON MPAS ANTENNA PLUS MIL EXT

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by NC3U, Sep 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. NC3U

NC3U XML Subscriber QRZ Page

20180913_200708.jpg For sale is a Chamaleon MPAS antenna system with the Mil-ext also. the system comes complete with the jaw mount, counterpoise wire or it can be used as a sloper antenna. this is the full size base balun not the mini balun. all total i have about 415.00 dollars invested here but im asking 275.00. Paypal is prefered and you can contact me here on QRZ or at nc3u@verizon.net. shipped only to the CONUS and there are no returns. I used this on field day 2018 with very good results. please look it over carefully

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2018
    W7GST and K5MTY like this.
  2. W9JH

W9JH Ham Member QRZ Page

The whip on the right appears to be the older V1 HF mutiband antenna. I don’t see the CHA MIL however. Please clarify as I may be interested.

3. NC3U

4. VE2EQL

VE2EQL Ham Member QRZ Page

So the folded sectios of Mil-Whip are inserted to the top 2 sections of the V1, or just on the first bottom section of the V1. This makes a difference. Can you post pictures of the ends of the V1, mostly the top section. I do not believe the mil whip will be able to mount on the 2n top part of the V1. Please clarify. John

5. W9JH

W9JH Ham Member QRZ Page

So no MIL Extension...correct?

6. VE2EQL

VE2EQL Ham Member QRZ Page

from the photo, it has the MIL extension, which is the same as the Chameleon antenna. Plus the V1 antenna. But I would not use myself the V1 on top of the Mil extension. I don't think it was made for that. My observations only

7. NC3U

I will take a pic of the V1 but I know it's not threaded. tbut I always put the folded rod into the top of the V1 . In all ads I see the piece I have called the mil ext
    Please show me or correct me. You cannot put anything on top of the folded rod. That has to be the top

8. KC3HJP

KC3HJP Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The item on the left side of the picture appears to be the Mil Whip. The item to the right, before the wire and balun appears to be their mobile whip and I believe V1 is the correct name for that. There were a couple of different V type antenna available. The radial in the middle should be the other half to the V1/as mentioned earlier. The Mil Whip Extension is not in this picture. It’s a larger diameter folded whip like the Mil whip to the left but it’s has a threaded stud on the fat end and a female threaded socket on the small end that the Mil whip fits into. I have the MPAS setup so I thought I would chime in. The two middle radials were not part of the MPAS, at least not the current version on MPAS

9. NC3U

Lowered to 250.00

10. NC3U

sold sold

11. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read our Swapmeet Safety Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling safety rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Our moderators review every post in this forum and will flag or delete those that do not conform.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.