ad: chuckmartin

Certificate Import Wizard Absent

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by AD0DQ, Oct 29, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. AD0DQ

AD0DQ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I have tried the process to get verified using my LOTW certificate numerous times, each with the same result.

I have saved my P12 file and clicked on it. It brings up TQSL, and nothing else.

The next screen says click Next in the "Certificate Import Wizard" --- I have tried to find some such wizard or activate this wizard, but it does not appear to exist either in Explorer or Chrome. It simply is not there. I did not get a "Certificate Import Wizard" the first time I ran TQSL with my computer. I simply loaded the certificate from the file.
    So I can't find a [NEXT] button to click, other than the one at the bottom of the QRZ page, and when I click that it says "No Certificates Were Provided By Your Browser." I have tried Chrome and it has not worked. I tried it with Edge, and it has not worked.

I sent copies of my driver's license from my domicile in Florida. I operate most of the time from my residence in Alabama because the FL residence has HOA Nazis. But my DL and CCW permit are both from FL. My Florida QTH is mentioned in my bio page.

I would REALLY like to get verified, but I'm starting to get really peeved by all this. Really peeved! Your directions do not work, and it's apparent I am not the only one with this problem.

So can someone tell me how to fix this?

AD0DQ

2. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

What OS are you running?

3. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Aw crap. This problem has been solved multiple times before. It's your browser, probably Firefox. Try using Chrome. Doesn't anyone read anymore?
    https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/need-help-getting-verified.677978/

4. AD0DQ

Aw crap! I was using Chrome. See the original post. Doesn't anyone read anymore?

And by the way, it didn't work with the Microsoft browser either.

5. AD0DQ

KJ4VTH, I am running Windows 10, latest service pack, all updates installed. I tried this using the Edge browser and Chrome. At no time can I get this Certificate Import Wizard to show itself. Chrome is supposedly the preferred browser, but it does not work any better than the Edge browser.

AD0DQ

6. AJ4GQ

Chrome will work just fine. Be happy to help you work through it using LoTW or government picture ids. Send me an email or Conversation. Before you do, check your 2FA status and then review AA7BQ's How To post de novo.
    https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/how-to-become-a-verified-member.660170/
    Most everyone who had a problem either inadvertently missed a step or didn't follow the instructions precisely.

7. AD0DQ

I am happy to receive any help you care to give. I have the 2FA set up; that was no problem. My problem stems from not being able to get the Certificate Import Wizard to show up. I worked through it page by page, and when it got to the page that talked about the Certificate Import Wizard, I could not find it. There was no such wizard on my screen after I double-clicked my certificate to load it (which, by the way, makes little sense, since it's obviously loaded when you make a copy of it to a P12 file). When I double-clicked it, it simply loaded TQSL. No Certificate Import Wizard appeared.
    I am pretty sure I did not miss any of the steps, but if I did, that would be the point where I did. The illustration shows a Certificate Import Wizard, and a place to denote where the file is stored, but I did not see this wizard. If it was supposed to come up in Chrome, it did not. If it was supposed to come up on my PC under Windows 10, it did not. Nothing I did would bring that wizard up. So, perhaps you could assist by telling me where that wizard comes from, what program activates it, and how I might activate it. It does not appear to be a part of TQSL. Thank you again for offering to help.

8. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

Right-click on your p12 file and select Install PFX

9. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

:)

Dave
    W7UUU

10. AJ4GQ

That will work. In the meantime, I'll respond to @AD0DQ's email and try to get him back on the right track.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019