ad: Schulman-1

Censured ARRL Director Dick Norton at the Yuma Hamfest on HamRadioNow

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K4AAQ, Feb 22, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

No, I didn't miss the point at all.

Apparently, the concept of ignoring written law and voiding legal, signed contracts has spread to Europe too.

2. WY7BG

WY7BG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

As I have written elsewhere, the law and government regulations frequently make certain provisions in contracts (in particular, ones that sign away your rights) illegal. Protecting hams' right to speak (via a decent antenna) falls right in line with that. If Fox Charlie Charlie has granted you the right to transmit on the ham bands, it should also guarantee that you can exercise that right.

WD4IGX likes this.
  3. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

absolutely incorrect

AGAIN station... DEFINE a "decent" antenna.

4. WY7BG

WY7BG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I define a "decent" antenna as having at least 0 dBd gain. (More is better.)

And if you are going to claim something I've said is incorrect, be specific... and back it up.

5. WD4IGX

WD4IGX Ham Member QRZ Page

I would defy anyone to "read the papers you signed at closing" at least before the fact. Closing my house purchase took close to two hours and my hand was cramping badly from signing before I was done, and that was with no more than glancing over them.

Now could you get them ahead of time and read them? Maybe, I presume so, but your brain may engage auto self destruct before you finished.

6. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

You have missed a point, too.

Our Second Amendment rights are there so we can protect ourselves from those that would do us harm - including oppressive governments, both foreign and domestic.

The Brits don't pose much of a threat to us these days...