ad: ProAudio-1

Celebrate World Amateur Radio Day on April 18, 2020

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W2JLD, Apr 9, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. W2JLD

W2JLD Ham Member QRZ Page

World Amateur Radio Day 2020 - APRIL 18TH - 12NOON EST/16.00UTC

Echolink/VOIP *Dodropin* node #355800/ALLSTAR 47620

April 18 is the day for all of Amateur Radio to celebrate and tell the world about the science we can help teach, the community service we can provide, and the fun we have," the IARU said in announcing World Amateur Radio Day 2020. "We hope you will join in the fun and education that is World Amateur Radio Day!"

How we can celebrate this event

It started in 2015 when W2JLD/John just got his license and he did his first WARD event on another Echolink/VOIP Conference, while it was in its infancy, it never the less was a way to celebrate not only what APRIL 18TH means, but it was a way show what we do on amateur radio. Who would ever think that this would be a regular event and how much it has grown to become one of the flagship special events on the Echolink/VOIP System and now has a permanent home on the Echolink/VOIP *Dodropin* Conference node #355800

While 2020 will mark our 5th anniversary of this event, it also shows how much we as a group of like minded individuals who have made this hobby what it is today.

Those that make this possible
    As special event coordinator for the Echolink/VOIP *Dodropin* node #355800, I am proud to say that none of this could have been possible if not for all those involved in making this event a successful one.

Thanks go to BILL/KJ6ZSP owner of the DODROPIN and DARRYLL/VO1UKZ Admin for the DODROPIN for allowing this event to take place.

Press Release
    VOIP/ECHOLINK *DODROPIN* Conference Announces:

"World Amateur Radio Day 2020"

For the 5th year anniversary.

Rochester, NY., March 10, 2020: VOIP/ECHOLINK *DODROPIN* Conference node #355800 today announced that for the 5th straight year, we will be participating in WORLD AMATEUR RADIO DAY 2020 on APRIL 18TH, 2020.

Join us as we celebrate the 95th year of the formation of the I.A.R.U in Paris, France in 1925, Since 1925, the International Amateur Radio Union (IARU) has been the watchdog and spokesman for the world Amateur Radio community. All licensed radio amateurs benefit from the work of the IARU, whether or not they are members of their national IARU member-society. But every licensed radio amateur should be a member. "Only by combining our efforts in this way can we ensure the future health of Amateur Radio, for ourselves and for future generations".

In 2020 we are proud to announce we will have a special event call sign "W2W" has been secured for this event. As well as we will have a commemorative special event "WORLD AMATEUR RADIO DAY 2020" QSL Card. In celebration of our 5th anniversary we will also have a special certificate that will be available. We will have a 12 hour net with 10 different net controllers from all over the world.

To obtain a SPECIAL EVENT QSL CARD ONLY PLEASE SEND ME AT S.AS.E. AT MY ADDRESS ON QRZ.

The 2019 event, We recorded over 400 check ins, 35 International stations, 20 countries, 125 new check ins. The net lasted 12 hours and 15 minutes, with 10 net controllers . We had over 225 QSL card request. We were happy to announce that last year's net was the LARGEST SPECIAL event on VOIP/ECHOLINK.

As Special event coordinator for this event none of this could have possible if not for the over 400 check ins and the 10 great net controllers who took time out of their day and contributed time for this event.

W2JLD - John, Special Event Coordinator for WORLD AMATEUR RADIO DAY 2020

KJ6ZSP /Bill, VO1UKZ/ Darryll for their fine work behind the scenes and enabled this great event to take place on the *DODROPIN* Conference server

So please join us again as we celebrate amateur radio all around the world on APRIL 18TH at 16:00 UTC (12 NOON EST, 9AM PST) via VOIP/ECHOLINK *DODROPIN* Conference node #355800 and also on Allstar Node #47620.

Be part of something that's bigger than all of us , and *DODROPIN* and let's make WORLD AMATEUR RADIO DAY 2020 one of the largest special event nets on ECHOLINK ever!!!

BELOW IS MORE INFO:

VOIP/ECHOLINK *DODROPIN* Conference node #355800
    16:00 - 04:00UTC(12 NOON EST-12 MIDNIGHT EST) via VOIP/ECHOLINK *DODROPIN* Conference node #355800/ W2JLD, VO1UKZ, MW6SZL, MW8SZL,KI7BR, 9Y4C, KB8ODF, VA3ODJ, KL4RCS Net Controllers. All stations from around the world are encouraged to check in.

EMAIL ANY QUESTIONS TO:

JOHN DERYCKE - W2JLD - W2JLD2@GMAIL.COM

BILL LIEBER - KJ6ZSP - KJ6ZSP@GMAIL.COM

DARRYLL WALFORD - VO1UKZ - PCSERVICE709@GMAIL.COM

UPDATE 2/26/2020 - BELOW IS THE CURRENT LIST AND TIMES OF NET CONTROLLERS:

PST EST UTC CALLSIGN

9am - 10am - 12noon - 1pm - 16:00 - 17:00 - W2JLD - JOHN - ROCHESTER, NEW YORK - Special event coordinator for "WORLD AMATEUR RADIO DAY" - 1 hr

10am - 11am - 1pm - 2pm - 17:00 - 18:00 - VA3ODJ - DESIREE - 1hr

11am - 1pm - 2pm - 4pm - 18:00 - 20:00 -
    MW6SZL - DECLAN - NEW ZEALAND - Net controller for the SCARS - 2 hrs

1pm - 2pm - 4pm - 5pm - 20:00 - 21:00 - GW8SZL - DAVE - NEW ZEALAND - 1hr

2pm - 3pm - 5pm - 6pm - 21:00 - 22:00 - 9Y4C - DEXTER - 1hr

3pm - 5pm - 6pm - 8pm - 22:00 - 24:00 - VO1UKZ - DARYYLL - NEWFOUNDLAND, CANADA - System admin for DODROPIN - 2 hours

5pm - 6pm - 8pm - 9pm - 00:00 - 01:00 - WB8ODF - DAVE - Amateur radio newsline reporter - 1hr

6pm - 7pm - 9pm - 10pm - 01:00 - 02:00 - W2JLD - JOHN - ROCHESTER, NEW YORK - Special event coordinator for "WORLD AMATEUR RADIO DAY" - 1 hr

7pm - 9pm - 10pm - 12am - 02:00 - 04:00 - KL4RCS - RICH - WASILLA, ALASKA - Net controller for the Alaskian Morning Net - 2hr

WARD2020 QSL Card Template.jpg WARD2020CERT.jpg

KP4DRB, KA2RRK, WQ4O/SK2023 and 3 others like this.
  2. KA8VNG

KA8VNG Ham Member QRZ Page

I will drop in, have you guy's on my echo link.

3. DF2RG

DF2RG Ham Member QRZ Page

I wish there would be a similar award for real QSO's on short wave as well ...!
    Happy Easter to all, and stay healthy.

73 de Gary, DF2RG

KG5EYC likes this.
  4. W2JLD

looking forward to seeing your callsign

YD6ROA likes this.
  5. W2JLD

We also have a WARD 2020 t-shirt that will be available and as of yesterday we are giving away a BAOFENG RADIO to a tech whom has been recently licensed....this offer is only available to techs that have licensed since march 18 2020 !!!

K9BBQ and YD6ROA like this.
  6. VU2CMR

VU2CMR Ham Member QRZ Page

Great! Guys. Wish, we all VU Hams in India also participate the 5th Anniversary of the event on WARD. I will update the App groups and encourage all for participation. TQ. 73.

YD6ROA likes this.
  7. WG7X

WG7X Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm gonna have to be "that guy" and ask if anyone else sees the irony of a "World Amateur day" event that is on echolink, a system that runs VOIP over the internet?

I can't be the only one...

Ham radio, we hardly recognize you, please come back!

W4LJ, AG4YL, VA7RAK and 5 others like this.
  8. WA6VVC

WA6VVC Ham Member QRZ Page

Read my mind. Just a phone call away. Do I have to say "Over"

AG4YL likes this.
  9. LU1XT

LU1XT Ham Member QRZ Page

Muy bien, Felicitaciones por la gran idea..!! de LU1XT

10. YD6ROA

YD6ROA Ham Member QRZ Page

Nice John, goodluck for the next WARD 2020,we will joint on 18 April de YD6R0A 73

11. YD6ROA

YD6ROA Ham Member QRZ Page

YD6ROA-R on 147670 Mhz Will connected on WARD 2020

12. W2JLD

THAT'S GREAT ARRIS...TY MY FRIEND

13. W4SSF

W4SSF Ham Member QRZ Page

What area and node is this going to be on?

K9BBQ likes this.
  14. W2JLD

This is going to be on the ECHOLINK/VOIP SYSTEM......DODROPIN Conference server/node 355800 and on Echolink Node: 449388/W2JLD-L

we also have a allstar connection 47620 and we have IRLP 9556

there will be several linked conferences and repeaters for this event

we recorded 400 checkins last year

W4SSF likes this.
  15. VA7RAK

VA7RAK Ham Member QRZ Page

Not to be specious, but more like World Amateur Computer Day. Or World Amateur Radio Day with no radios.

W4LJ and N0CEL like this.