CBers Should Be Shot Cuz

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by Guest, Apr 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KG4CGC

KG4CGC Ham Member QRZ Page

I just wanted to add that, I have met a lot of good people on CB and some of them are still my friends to this day. If it wasn't for one of them, I may never have pursued my Ham ticket. There are bad apples in EVERY crowd, Amateur Radio incuded.
      The 155 mile rule is one of the dumbest things about the CB service, not some of the idiots on that band. If the band is open it is open, period. Since receiving my Amateur license however, I have not made any DX contacts on 11 meters because as a rule violation I would lose my Amateur license. I have made DX contacts on 6 meters but I did not enjoy the way it was conducted. A little time for a QSO and not a mere "hello 599 goodbye" would have sparked my interest a little more. That's just my opinion. I know some that live for those quicky contacts.
      Again, good and bad in EVERY crowd. Leave the legitamate ops alone. Why should you care? And please, don't go on to tell me about freebanders and pirates, I know about them as well and as much as anyone on this good forum that we have the privilege to use.
      Legitimate use of 11 meters is as much an asset as legitimate use of the Amateur bands.
      Enough said. Now go in Peace my RF Brother.
      73 de KG4CGC, Charles C.
    aka, KBFX2007 issued in 1976

2. ki4egi

ki4egi Ham Member QRZ Page

Breaker, Breaker

Dis here's Rubber Ducky, got ma linyer on an the pedal tuh thuh metal!

4-10 Bud Goody, keep on truckin!

Some people with 2X3 calls have been hams for quite a while, My husband KG4WTL is a general and has been a ham 17 years.

And hey, everybody's gotta start somewhere right!
    Instead of having them all shot, let's get them reformed!

3. KD4AMG

KD4AMG Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG] dern 5 pages along and we still aint run out of CB operators to shoot at !!

hee hee hee this is better than shooting fish in a barrell !!

Hey Thelma Lou, here is a $100 bill run over to wally world and git us some more shells. then go by KRYSTAL and get us some of them " fine square buns " burgers, cause they aint got no ANGUS beef in them like those fat ol HARDEE s burgers you can not mash down enuf to get all of it in your mouth at one time !! Dont go to no McDonalds, they want to give you a bunch of plastic toys for them old hound dogs to chew on

Look Fred, there is another vehicle with one of those " dad-burn-low-life cb antennas " on it... shoot out his right front tire, then when he pulls over to the side of the road to change it, ambush him and take away that GALAXY / RANGER cb, and that 300 watt lyneeer ampliphfier he has a laying in the floorbored. !! [​IMG]

Then we will go over to Fred s house ( he has one of them fancy coooputers ), and we will git on one of those web sites and see when the next ham raddio coooooonvinction is gonna be, and if it aint too fer we cun go this weekend..and sell them this cb stuff, cause they got almost everything at those swap fests, from women dresses, to arts & crafts, to old raddios, to coonskin caps, so we wont have noooo problem selling these cb rigs !!! [​IMG]

4. N5RLR

N5RLR Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ai4ep @ June 15 2004)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span style='color:green'>[​IMG] dern  5 pages along and we still aint run out of CB operators to shoot at !!

Hey Thelma Lou, here is a $100 bill  run over to wally world and git us some more shells. then go by KRYSTAL and get us some of them &quot; fine square buns&quot; burgers...Dont go to no McDonalds, they want to give you a bunch of plastic toys for them old hound dogs to chew on

Look Fred, there is another vehicle with one of those &quot; dad-burn-low-life cb antennas &quot; on it...when he pulls over to the side of the road to change it, ambush him and take away that GALAXY / RANGER cb, and that 300 watt lyneeer ampliphfier  he has a laying in the floorbored.  !! [​IMG]

Then we will go over to Fred s house ( he has one of them fancy coooputers ), and we will git on one of those web sites and see when the next ham raddio coooooonvinction is gonna be...and sell them this cb stuff, cause they got almost everything at those swap fests, from women dresses, to arts &amp; crafts, to old raddios, to coonskin caps, so we wont have noooo problem selling these cb rigs !!! [​IMG]
    </span>[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    <span style='color:blue'>Dagnabbit, an' Ah thought I'se gon' havta adjust mah medicin's! [​IMG] [​IMG]</span>

5. KD4AMG

KD4AMG Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG] ...or better yet...sell it on e-bay !!

6. N0OV

N0OV Guest

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">CBers Should Be Shot Cuz [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

This post should be closed and locked down, cuz........................

7. KL7FZ

KL7FZ Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KA9VQF @ April 08 2004,11:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Please explain to an ignorant one what is this troll you refer to.
    {Please note Ignorant does not necessarily mean stupid, merely uninformed}
    KA9VQF[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    &quot;Trolling&quot; like in fishing. Throwing out the bait and pulling it along and see who bites.
    It is synonymous with baiting.
    To troll, is to try to bait someone into discussion or get them agitated.

I don't know how the use of other meaning got started.

KL7FZ

8. PE1NCP

PE1NCP Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cber1st @ April 08 2004,10:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ok here ya go, free shots about chicken banders, No Code Techs, and any other reason you dont like anyone with more than 5 postions in their call LOL.......Is it getting warm in here or is it just me LOL [​IMG][/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    where did you start [​IMG]

9. Guest

Guest Guest

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KG6QQL @ April 08 2004,08:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cber1st @ April 08 2004,12:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KG6QQL @ April 08 2004,11:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well, did you get that new call sign yet? OH NO, your still a ~dreaded~ CBer... [​IMG][/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I checked the FCC site again today not yet...man and SY still hasnt told me how to put on the echo box on my yaesu LOL.... [​IMG][/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    I took the test on a Saturday and got my call on Friday. My room mate did the same so maybe in the morning! [​IMG][/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Guess i got lucky............took my test on Sunday the 6th and was in the FCC database by the following Tuesday    [​IMG]

10. Guest

Guest Guest

yes, reform them.

I will never forget the built-in CB my dad had in his car.  I was AMAZED that i could hold down the little side button and talk through the air, release the button and hear a response to ME.  I must have been 12 years old.  I was hooked on wireless communications, and five years later i get my tech minus radio license.

Since then I have been helping other people for no reason.  I have cared about community.  I have pulled over and helped complete strangers.  I have met great people I would never have known without my ticket (KT8K).

I have NEVER used profanity or broken any rule or guidline set for the amateur service.  In fact, I intend to use the same consideration while using these forums.  

I talk like a sailor when with my friends but I have great respect for those who have taken the time to test into the hobby, and will never dishonor them.

CB is the gateway for ham radio.  I will never forget it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.