CB’rs on 28.000Mhz plus? What can be done about this?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by WB4JHS, Oct 9, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

You need a lid to be a lid.

upload_2019-10-17_7-42-3.png

K4PIH likes this.
  2. W0AEW

W0AEW Ham Member QRZ Page

You need a lid to put up with lids.

K8AI likes this.
  3. KA9JLM

True that.

I am a Bogart. :D

4. K4PIH

K4PIH Ham Member QRZ Page

pass it over to me.

5. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

So, this is what we're doing?

Ppppppppffffffttt ear!

6. W9RAC

W9RAC Subscriber QRZ Page

I believe the conversation was regarding 28.00 plus, clearly encroaching within the Amateur band spectrum. Since according to your comment the FCC does not care why do you, or for that matter anyone bother getting a license? Just because propagation is not currently favorable for a given area does not mean it is not used by Amateurs, OR reserved for Amateurs. So I have to respectfully disagree with your logic. Either we have a license system and a method which designates how we use it OR we do not. If we do it is contingent upon those who hold the license to make a effort to keep "squatters" out. "Freebanders" have always been those to infringe within areas where they are not allowed, they are not restricted to the "uppers". Take a short trip to 27.405 or the like and see how your systems logic is working. 73 Rich

7. N3HGB

N3HGB Ham Member QRZ Page

OK - What is your proposed course of action to get rid of them? I am not sure what I am supposed to hear on 27.405, which is CB channel 40. 99% of the time I tune across the CB channels I hear nothing at all. Lately with the traffic jams from bridge construction I can hear truckers complaining on 19 because they are all stuck about a mile from me.
    Complaining on the internet isn't going to get rid of them.
    Calling the FCC on them probably won't get rid of them.
    Tracking them down in person and assaulting them is probably illegal.
    Trying to talk/CW/data over them would require they be on 10 meters in the first place and that you have propagation to hear them, which I never do.
    So you suggest we do what? Seriously?

8. W9RAC

I work CW, a lot including 10m. If you are not hearing traffic on occasion you're just missing it. Even if you never ever come across traffic on a given frequency which is allocated for licensed use it does not make it open for use to non licensees. So the main problem is what to do about the problem. Since I guess we can agree that although "kneecapping" may be a effective deterrent it is likely illegal. Also I suspect the IQ of "freebanders" may make a effort to reason with them a disappointment. So that leaves those who care in the Amateur community to make a effort to convince the only authority available, the FCC. By way of ARRL or direct complaints are our only option to make it known that we desire some sort of policing. Otherwise the choice is.... well do nothing but complain or say that we can not do anything, not even make a effort. 73 Rich

9. KA9JLM

10. W9RAC

lid lic.jpg

W5TTP and KA9JLM like this.