CB’rs on 28.000Mhz plus? What can be done about this?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by WB4JHS, Oct 9, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: L-MFJ
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Talk Over and talk while they are talking is two different things. o_O

2. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Talk over? Talk over who? I didn't hear anything

wink

3. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

The "word" of Riley isn't worth squat:eek:

There seems to be some "mystique" about Hollingsworth.
    He never did anything to actually clean up the mess on 20 meters. some of those people (that are still alive;)) , have been issued NALs by his successor and in certain cases , licenses have been suspended and fines have been collected.

Bottom Line, anyone can say just about anything, but,.............the only thing that matters in a court is the written law.

AC0OB and KE0GXN like this.
  4. KA9JLM

That is it.

Seems that they wait for someone to be a SK. That is one for sure fix.

5. AA7EJ

AA7EJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Since this is about "citizen band " , can anybody enlighten me about this ?
    Eons ago I applied for citizen band license , and enclosed a fee of $x ( amount is irrelevant ) with my paper application.
    Received "callsign" and later REFUND of my application fee.
    Those were days when government still functioned and was found "guilty" of illegally collecting the fee.
    Much later government abandoned issuing formal license to "operate" on citizen band(s).
    Again , not issuing formal callsings reason is also irrelevant.

What is relevant is allocating frequencies , a public resource ,which is similar to "regulating " traffic via convention of using red, yellow and green light.

Just about only difference between violating traffic rules - running red light and "being off frequency" on 27 MHz is public safety - running red light - or private annoyance , as initially posted here , - by citizen band user being off-frequency.

Enforcing usage of frequencies allocated for citizen band where NO LICENSES are issued ,
    for again irrlevnat reasons, is
    ( insert your favorite word here ) .

Suggestions:

futile
    stupid
    ridiculous
    bureaucratic
    waste of pubic resources
    democrats fault
    republicans fault

ALL OF THE ABOVE

73 Shirley

PS
    I have not "applied " for CB nor bought CB rig recently , so the above rambling may be wrong if CB license is still required.

6. K9STH

K9STH Ham Member QRZ Page

6M:

The statement made by Riley Hollingsworth was when he was the Special Consul of the FCC. As such, until rescinded, declared by the FCC to be invalid, etc., it is a valid, enforceable, rule. Even though he is retired from the FCC, such does not invalidate the ruling. It is just like the rulings by judges that are law until changed by appeals, etc. Like it or not, these rulings are valid.

If you disagree, then it is up to you to contact the FCC and go through that agency to have the ruling invalidated. I doubt that the FCC would actually give you the time of day. However, they might and, after looking into the ruling, could either say that the ruling is correct or that it was wrong. If wrong, then the FCC would have to issue a new directive giving legal status to illegal operations. Methinks that they would not do such.

However, as I stated previously in this thread, one needs to make certain that the "offending" transmissions are actually due to illegal operating. Unfortunately, there are number of amateur radio operators who do not realize that virtually every other country allows phone operation between 28.0 MHz and 28.3 MHz. Those operators are perfectly legal in their operations and must NOT be subjected to deliberate interference.

Glen, K9STH

K3XR likes this.
  7. KA9JLM

Why do you need to bring politics to this thread ?

You should Troll somewhere else.

WR2E likes this.
  8. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

... hearsay.

A statement he made at Dayton is nothing but that.

Not a 'ruling'.

The official published rules say " ANY ", do they not?

Riley was not, and is not, the 'law'.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
    K4AGO likes this.
  9. K4AGO

K4AGO Ham Member QRZ Page

Which frequency is "the allotted area where "Freebanders" are allowed?"
    John

10. K6LPM

K6LPM Ham Member QRZ Page

It certainly seems like back in the day of novice enhancement that the Amateur Radio service certainly absorbed a huge percentage of mostly all of the "freebander" cb types and it appeared to do a good job of silencing a good majority of these types of illegal out of band operations as well as assimilating many folks into the ham radio community. (for better or worse)
    Fast forward today and there is a large proliferation of so called Export CB rigs that have vast channelized spectrum coverage from all the way down to 12 mtrs all the way on up past 10 mtrs. These rigs are more available to the general public and average lay person more so than ever! Some of these rigs actually boast output of several hundreds watts with no external amplifier!
    Somehow, there should be some sort of way to limit unlicensed access to such gear but in such a way that does not infringe upon the amateur operator yet can somehow close the door on such things being sold under a loophole of legitimate ham radio usefulness?