Caution

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by AC2HQ, Nov 13, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-assoc
  1. N3NER

N3NER Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I just got one from him saying he had a Flex 5000C for sale. Scammer..

2. K5NSN

K5NSN Ham Member QRZ Page

DECEMBER 7, 2017
    07 DEC 2017

IN RESPONSE TO A TEN TEC JUPITER LISTED ON QRZ --

Only response I have received from my email to n1vau@arrl.net is a third party response from what appears to be a scammer. The name on the email is "Prashant Karkare" ac2rwprashant@gmail.com and in the body of the email it says:
    "I have for sale a ten tec Jupiter 538at in a perfect working condition. Come with manual , mic , shipping box and cable. Asking $285 shipped. Let me know if you are interested."

This may have been a legitimate offer, but it seems a little "too good a deal" for me to jump right on it. If there is truly the $285 shipped Jupiter, why not list it somewhere instead of hijacking another's sale??? From my latest experiences here, the scams are running rampant on QRZ and many other swap/deal sites!!!
    BE CAREFUL !!!

Still awaiting response to my offer email from N1VAU...

Has anyone else received the email from Prashant Karkare ?

??
    k5nsn

3. K9SPY

K9SPY Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes. Just got one offering an FTdx3000. I emailed him replying that I had already purchased the radio he undoubtedly found me posting about. He was asking $925 shipped. Interesting scam.

4. N1VAU

N1VAU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Just to be clear, I have nothing to do with whatever replies you received from "Prashant Karkare". That is a scammer attempting to hijack a legitimate item offered for sale.

~Clayton, N1VAU

5. K3BH

K3BH XML Subscriber QRZ Page

After I made an online reply on a QRZ ad for a FT2R and it had already sold, "Prashant" emailed me privately to say he had an FT2R for sale, for even less than the ultra low price on the QRZ ad. I teased along with him for two or three emails before abandoning him to some other victim.

The most common pattern I see after reading all these posts about scams is that the stolen call sign has no email address on the QRZ site. No email, no buy.

KP4SX likes this.
  6. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

Also, they may have an email address in their callsign data but it either differs from what the scammer is using or it bounces.