Caution

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by AC2HQ, Nov 13, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
  1. N4DCD

N4DCD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I just got one from him saying he had a Flex 5000C for sale. Scammer..

2. K5NSN

K5NSN Ham Member QRZ Page

DECEMBER 7, 2017
    07 DEC 2017

IN RESPONSE TO A TEN TEC JUPITER LISTED ON QRZ --

Only response I have received from my email to n1vau@arrl.net is a third party response from what appears to be a scammer. The name on the email is "Prashant Karkare" ac2rwprashant@gmail.com and in the body of the email it says:
    "I have for sale a ten tec Jupiter 538at in a perfect working condition. Come with manual , mic , shipping box and cable. Asking $285 shipped. Let me know if you are interested."

This may have been a legitimate offer, but it seems a little "too good a deal" for me to jump right on it. If there is truly the $285 shipped Jupiter, why not list it somewhere instead of hijacking another's sale??? From my latest experiences here, the scams are running rampant on QRZ and many other swap/deal sites!!!
    BE CAREFUL !!!

Still awaiting response to my offer email from N1VAU...

Has anyone else received the email from Prashant Karkare ?

??
    k5nsn

3. K9SPY

K9SPY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes. Just got one offering an FTdx3000. I emailed him replying that I had already purchased the radio he undoubtedly found me posting about. He was asking $925 shipped. Interesting scam.