Caution

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by AC2HQ, Nov 13, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-rfparts
  1. AC2HQ

AC2HQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Please beware of someone using several email addresses claiming to be AC2RW. I listed my email address on this site associated with a ham selling a Kenwood TH‑74A. My post asked him to send me his best price and I posted my address due to him not having one listed to send a private message. I received a email from someone claiming to be AC2RW Prashant Karkare <ac2rwprashant@gmail.com looking to sell the same HT. I sent a message back and we emailed back and forth a number of times about the HT and he sent an address for PayPal to pay. I called PayPal to verify the second email account and was told there was no one by that name or email account. An email was sent back to this person and I told them there was no account or name and they sent back that it was their account.
    If anyone knows AC2RW Karekare Prashant, please let him know that someone is using several email address with his call and name attached and claims to have a PayPal account. It is ashame that the ham community has to put up with crooked people.
    Please BEWARE if you have a Want and please verify the person and verify the PayPal account before sending money. I hope someone knows AC2RW and lets him know of this situation.
    73 AC2HQ John

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
    N9ZDZ and KM4UHS like this.
  2. KD6DKH

KD6DKH Ham Member QRZ Page

3. KD6DKH

KD6DKH Ham Member QRZ Page

This same person replied to my wanted ad for a Yaesu Ht. He even today emailed me photos of 3 of the radio’s in the same picture.

Fred
    KD6DKH

4. AC2HQ

Hi Fred, This person has a number of email addresses for AC2RW and hopefully someone on here knows Karkare and informs him about these scam emails. Thanks Fred... I hope you didn't bite on any messages and checked him out on PayPal as well. 73 AC2HQ John

5. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hello John,
    Looking at the page for AC2RW I would say it is a scam. Send a letter to him via U.S. mail.

help1.jpg

An easy way that you can confirm an unsolicited email message that was sent to you is to.

1. Do not reply to the unsolicited email message, especially if you have posted a "Wanted" add.
    2. Go to there QRZ bio page and look for any warning messages.
    3. Send a short note via U.S mail to there QRZ/FCC address asking them to call you to verify what they have sent you an email message.

4. Be patient, till you hear back from them because any unsolicited email messages could possibly be a scammer. Don't underestimate them they are professionals and are very good at what they are doing.

Good Luck.
    73, Lisa

KC0BIN likes this.
  6. W4PF

W4PF Ham Member QRZ Page

Well you just saved me $235! I was taken in by this individual and had sent money to him/her via my PayPal account. This person had not claimed the PayPal money as of yet, and I was able to cancel the transfer. Seems as if the pictures that I was sent of a Drake MN2700 tuner that I was looking for was from a Feb 2017 ad placed this year.....
    de Steve W4PF

7. AC2HQ

Hi Steve, I am glad that I could be of help regarding your run in with the fake AC2RW. It is a pity the hobby has to deal with cheaters. 73 AC2HQ John

8. AC2HQ

Thank You Lisa, I hate to see honest hams have their identity stolen and used for personal gains. 73 AC2HQ John

N6QIC likes this.
  9. VE3VTG

VE3VTG Subscriber QRZ Page

This guy just replied to my want.
    This is his email to me. :)

I have for sale an icom ic 781 transceiver in a perfect working condition. Comes with mic , manual , shipping box and cables . Asking $1,315 shipped. Let me know if you are interested.

*******************************BEWARE GUYS*******************************