ad: TiltPlate-1

Caution N3EU

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by K6TWO, Apr 28, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-assoc
  1. K6TWO

K6TWO Ham Member QRZ Page

Good Sellers are there when things go bad, bad sellers deny, ignore, lie, and they are generally uncooperative. Saed is a member of the Bad Seller community.

On March 12, 2018, I bought a TS590SG from Sead, N3EU. It arrived 5 days later and I put it on line. I discovered the USB port was non responsive. I tried 2 different cables known to be good but the Windows system in my computer would not recognize the TS590 USB port even with the Kenwood drivers installed correctly in my computer. I sent Sead an email, no response so I sent a second. Still no response so I posted a negative review on QTH, now that got a response from Sead. He claimed that he did not receive my emails, and that he did not know the USB port was bad! It is easy to claim and hard for me to prove otherwise.

Sead then said return it and he would refund the money. Before I could get it boxed and shipped, Sead requested that I send it to the Kenwood Service Center in Los Angeles, 120 miles away from me so as to save him shipping cost from Chicago to LA later. I did as he requested and Sead contacted Kenwood to pay for the diagnostics and to arrange the repairs and return to him. Kenwood received the Radio under Seads name on 03/30/2018 via UPS1z9086330353995834. Then Kenwood did what ever and sent the radio back to Sead and it was delivered 4/24/2018 and signed for UPS1z6962WR42586003676 Sead will not respond to emails.....!

I do not have the radio nor my $900 back. PayPal is processing a claim and it looks like 30 days for a resolution. What is with this!

When things go well, it is easy to have character and integrity. It is when there are issues that you find out who is trustworthy! My vote is Sead is not trustworthy. Buyer beware!

KA2FIR likes this.
  2. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

" Then Kenwood did what ever . . ." It would be nice to know what Kenwood found and did.
    Wonder if you might be jumping the gun a little bit? You posted this 2 days after he got the radio back. He may have had other things to do and a lot of people don't live on their computers every day. A cursory search indicates he buys, sells, and trades a lot of transceivers and yours is the first and only complaint about him that popped up. It may be reasonable to conclude that he didn't know the USB port was bad, if it actually was bad. Again, we need to know what Kenwood found. It looks like he did everything else right, except not communicating as rapidly as you would have liked. I don't know either of you and am making these observations based on reading your side of the story. Hope N3EU weighs in on this. By the way UPS tracking reports the number you posted above is invalid.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
  3. KD0CAC

KD0CAC Ham Member QRZ Page

Ya , and asking you to send directly to Kenwood service center , is an indicator he maybe a good seller .
    Bad / slow communication can get you worried .

4. N3EU

N3EU Ham Member QRZ Page

Refund has been issued thru PAYPAl on 4/12/2018 and case is open and under PAYPAY review.So every communication between buyer and seller need to be thru PAYPAL.Pay pal hold buyer money not me.
    Case ID PP-006-812-771-263

5. N3EU

N3EU Ham Member QRZ Page

We've decided Case ID PP-006-812-771-263 in your favor

Dear Sead Bukva, The following case was found in your favor. Any hold on this transaction has been ..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Dear Sead Bukva,

The following case was found in your favor. Any hold on this transaction has been removed.

6. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

I love a happy ending! Way to go Sead!

7. KD8DEY

KD8DEY Subscriber QRZ Page

first one Worked for me, 2nd one didn't....
    https://wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking/track?track=yes&trackNums=1Z9086330353995834

Last edited: May 7, 2018