ad: Bamatech-1

Carnival Cruise Lines does not allow amateur radios

Discussion in 'On the Road' started by K4YCX, Jan 30, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
  1. KB0OU

KB0OU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I carry my little VX-3 Yaesu, I listen to the Marine channels some etc. The Captain has always been very good about allowing my little operation.

2. WF4W

WF4W XML Subscriber QRZ Page

pretty sure my wife would toss me and my gear overboard if I were to lug it along with me on a cruise :)

KD8DEY likes this.
  3. N2SUB

N2SUB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I had a VIP cabin on a Carnival cruise a few years back. They checked my baggage separately, and it did go through an x-ray machine, but it didn't really look like anyone was paying attention. We had a dozen plastic flasks filled with a variety of libations. No problem. ;)

4. WF4W

WF4W XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Disney allows 2 bottles of wine per person - I always bottle my own "wine" when we go . . .

5. K4KWH

K4KWH Ham Member QRZ Page

HIC! 'scuse me!;)

6. N1FMV

N1FMV Subscriber QRZ Page

Yeah, good luck with that one. The master of the vessel has final say in anything, regardless of corporate policy.

7. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

True, but the Master isn't likely to be the one checking your carry-ons.

8. N1FMV

N1FMV Subscriber QRZ Page

If you are serious about operating on the water, consider:
    http://barecat.com/
    You can operate anything you want, HF, VHF, UHF, Sat, etc; and the XYL can get rid of the tan lines. Best part, is you can (and should) bring aboard as much liquid courage as you desire.

Frank

9. KA7RRA

KA7RRA Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I think they would use cell phones more than radios

10. KC5SLQ

KC5SLQ Ham Member QRZ Page

i was on the jan 2017 ham radio carnival cruise. that was special permission arranged by deb and we followed all rules. did a short video at youtube.
    saying a cruise is no place for ham radio is like saying don't waste your time scuba diving in those Caribbean waters.