ad: vanity

Can't we just have a simple logbook that "ALLOWS" me to confirm contact requests without the hassle?

Discussion in 'Suggestions and New Feature Requests' started by F5VHZ, Oct 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
  1. F5VHZ

F5VHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Im getting nowhere with this logbook confirmation.. It seems that what ever "time data" i try and put, the confirm request will always be refused.
    European time, Central European time, GMT. Startrek log time. sundial etc etc nothing works.so i seems. But why should that matter so??
    I suffer from arthritis and fibromialgia and with that comes depression, I get frustrated very easily when I fail to be able to do something.
    Normally I just take a break and go back to the problem later and try again..but QRZ.COM is really bugging me. OK call me disabled, or mentally retarded, but just let me confirm requests from other hams....why should that be so hard....Im not trying to forge passports or smuggle in drugs, but just trying to find a way to be able to say "yes we did work each other on the air" that's it...that's all I want, and im sure in the dozen outstanding requests, also want exactly the same thing ...CONFIRMATION. so please lest have a version of QRZ logbook for idiots like me so we can actually confirm a contact without the hassle.

2. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

Good luck mon ami but don't think it will happen.

3. KV6O

KV6O Ham Member QRZ Page

Bad idea. Integrity comes from the double-blind method, allowing for folks to just "accept" QSO requests allows for mistakes, or worse.

Getting the time right isn't really THAT hard!

Steve
    KV6O

N2EY likes this.
  4. F5VHZ

F5VHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

If it's so easy, why do I get bounced every time.....im not accepting qso that don't appear in my list of contacts...so where is the loss of integrity ??
    it's like a fishing contest...just need to weigh the fish and count them,,,what time they actually got hooked is not so important. no?
    anyway i don't need that level of precision..it's not a space launch, or anything I only want to be able to say yep worked you and thanks buddy...

K3RW likes this.
  5. KJ3N

KJ3N Ham Member QRZ Page

What you're asking for, is eQSL.

6. W4KSL

W4KSL Ham Member QRZ Page

Part of the comfirmation problem is people "change" the UTC to match their own time zone which can put your time match "Hours" off. I made that mistake myself on my first few logs.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
  7. K2JMC

K2JMC Ham Member QRZ Page

I agree F5VHZ

8. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

Qso cards are easy and serve the same purpose without the technology improvements we "enjoy".

Some may complain about the cost but that speaks to how much they really want vs. need to confirm that which they already know.

9. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

The individual can help resolve this problem as I have posted when the issue has come up in the past. Place a note on you Zed look up page that if a station requires a log confirmation they email you ALL of the info for the contact to your Zed email address so you can complete the confirmation. And before you get your undies in a knot no I am not suggesting you confirm a contact that did not take place you are simply asking for information for a contact you know took place. Getting too old and too bald to be pulling my hair out over logging.

10. KJ3N

KJ3N Ham Member QRZ Page

I've received paper QSL cards with wrong dates and times because the other station logged in local time and then tried (and failed) to do a proper conversion to GMT/UTC.

Strangely enough, I've only had this issue with USA hams. That should tell you something.

VK6APZ, N2EY and W7UUU like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.