ad: Radclub22-1

Can't post in technical forums

Discussion in 'QRZ Site Community Help Center' started by WE4B, Apr 7, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. WE4B

WE4B Ham Member QRZ Page

Earlier today I was able to post, reply and like posts in the technical forums... this afternoon, I cannot post, reply or like anything in that section of the forums. I can do so in other sections of the community forums. Help. Please :)

N2EYE likes this.
  2. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Worry not - there's some system-level changes going on that relate to subscriber levels and the Swap Meet forums.

Some of that stuff is spilling over into other areas just as a glitch during the change and it should all be resolved soon.

Hang tight. They're working on it :)

Dave
    W7UUU

N2EY likes this.
  3. KK4NSF

KK4NSF Ham Member QRZ Page

.. (duplicated info.... must have crossed in the mail)

W7UUU likes this.
  4. WE4B

WE4B Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks guys! :)

W7UUU likes this.
  5. NG1H

NG1H Ham Member QRZ Page

SELECT IsLocked FROM ForumMaster
    REPLACE ALL IsLocked WITH False

Something like that. It's been a while since I've messed with SQL.

I know, I know. If it were that easy it would have been fixed by now.

KA9JLM likes this.
  6. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

But it's indeed that sorta stuff. QRZ isn't just an "out of the box, off the shelf" app. Yes, it uses XenForo for much of it - but a TON of workings of the site were written by Fred himself and in recent years by his team of programmers. There's a lot to it - and a lot of "boxes to tick" to get it all right.

Just takes some time - and imagine the outcry if the site were taken down to fix it all first!! :eek: In the case of a forum like this, it's much easier to change the tire while driving down the highway than to pull over and stop first.

Dave
    W7UUU

K4MJA and N0TZU like this.
  7. WB2LBV

WB2LBV Subscriber QRZ Page

Please do this and post video afterwards. ;)

8. KF5FEI

KF5FEI Ham Member QRZ Page

W7UUU likes this.
  9. K4MJA

K4MJA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

+1, was looking for the answer to:
    (Replies are disabled here. See Forum Rules.)
    in Tech forums..I'll wait

N2EYE likes this.
  10. N2EYE

N2EYE Ham Member QRZ Page

Me too, cannot Post on Tech forum threads.

11. KK4NSF

KK4NSF Ham Member QRZ Page

it looks like they were successful! Dave- tell the team thanks for fixing it up. :D

W7UUU likes this.
  12. W7UUU

Will do - glad it's all getting back to good working order

Dave
    W7UUU

13. N4UFO

N4UFO Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, posting in the technical forums is now fixed, but the ability to edit a post (for 30 minutes afterward) is no longer there. And while it's something I often use when I see a mistake after posting, I am not so much complaining as 'beta test' informing. ;)

And as I am editing this post to show, the Edit feature still works here, just not in the technical forums.

14. KJ7MJR

KJ7MJR Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah I am not able to post in the ham radio for sale area. I get the same "(You have insufficient privileges to post here.)" Kinda annoying because I have an item I would like to post.

15. K4MJA

K4MJA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

look >here<