Can't get WSJT-X to work with TS-480 and HRD anymore - please help

Discussion in 'Computers, Hardware, and Operating Systems' started by KE0CU, Jan 2, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. KE0CU

KE0CU Ham Member QRZ Page

I've mostly been off the air for over a year and now I'm trying to get WSJT-X to work with my HRD and Kenwood radio - TS-480 - setup. For several years it worked great and now I can't get WSJT-X to trigger a transmit anymore. Probably some setup parameter I botched up trying to get it working again.

Using latest HRD ( v. 6.7.0.244) and WSJT-X (v.2.1.0). Interface is SignaLink USB.

DM780 works fine for digital modes. Absolutely no problems there triggering transmit. Closing it an opening WSJT-X and no longer can I Transmit on usual modes , such as FT8. Receive and decode is fine.
    Here are the settings for HRD PTT:
    dm780 ptt settings.JPG

HRD Soundcard:
    dm780 audio settings.JPG
    WSJT-X audio (soundcard):
    wsjtx settings audio.JPG

and WSJT-X radio connection:
    wsjtx settings radio.JPG

Like I said, this worked fine before but maybe one of the settings is wrong now or something else is going on. Can anyone see what's happening and help?

Thanks!
    Hank/ke0cu

2. N9NAY

N9NAY Ham Member QRZ Page

Does it work without HRD?

3. KE0CU

Nope

4. KE0CU

Here's the WSJT-X settings without HRD
    WSJT-X setting without HRD.JPG

5. N9NAY

6. N9NAY

Does the radio change bands when you change bands in WSJT-X? If you have CAT control between WSJT-X and your radio, I would suggest using that to control transmit instead of VOX.

7. KE0CU

Yes CAT control seems to be working fine. Using CAT to control PTT doesn't help. Also, I use the same parameters in HRD (soundcard and PTT) and they work fine with DM780. I wonder if something could be broken in the latest versions of either HRD or WSJT-X?

8. KE0CU

BTW, WSPR 2.0 by K1JT works fine. This uses straight CAT control.

9. W6IR

W6IR Ham Member QRZ Page

I think you need to have the PTT method selected as CAT, not VOX. You also need to set the network server to 127.0.0.1 under CAT control. This is for HRD rig control.

10. KE0CU

Well I was able to get it working as before by resetting (Configurations>Reset) all the WSJT-X settings. Of course I lost all my old settings (Tx macros, frequencies, etc.) but it works now. Thanks for all the suggestions!

Hank/ke0cu