can't confim a valid QSO

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by W8TGB, Jan 5, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KV4ATV

KV4ATV Ham Member QRZ Page

So if it doesn't work and we can't contact the other station then it's a No Go? 50 Years of being on the air with Ham and MARS has taught me to Always keep a written paper record... Paper doesn't crash and give people errors...

E24UUW likes this.
  2. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

There is nothing preventing you from entering a QSO in your QRZ electronic logbook; the complaints center on the inability of achieving an electronic confirmation when the worked party lacks a matching record in its corresponding logbook.

Nothing has crashed and keeping a written logbook (as I also do) doesn't guarantee you will receive a QSL card confirming a QSO, nor have the correct address to post a request to.

63 years on the air has taught me that the hobby regularly advances technically and you need to adapt to keep up. Electronic log confirmation systems such as LoTW and QRZ are significantly more efficient than exchanging written and mailed paper QSL cards; that is why I log electronically.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
  3. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Don't expect 100% confirmations with any method!

WG7X and KC7RAD like this.