can't confim a valid QSO

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by W8TGB, Jan 5, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. W8TGB

W8TGB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Greetings all, I have an incoming QSO confirmation request that is valid but I can't get QRZ to confirm it. When I do, it complains the data/time, band or mode are off but they're not. This was a FT8 QSO, could that be part of it (but FT8 is listed in the mode selection). Thanks. Tim

2. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

You are assuming your entry agrees with your worked party's. You do not have access to your worked party's logbook to know what is actually there. Which QSO do you refer to (date.time callsign) ?

A confirmation will automatically take place when each party to a QSO independently enters their log data provided both records agree by callsigns, mode, band, and UTC date/time within a 30-minute window.

The default info appearing in a QSO Confirmation Request is not that of your worked party and a correct match must be entered to finalize the confirmation. If you are unable to achieve a correct match then it is up to the parties themselves to resolve the problem through direct contact via e-mail or private message.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
  3. W7WIA

W7WIA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I have the same problem - When ever I try to confirm a QSO listed under "Incoming" I get the error in date and or time message. I have even check for the correct time and date on the requesting operators eQSL. Still getting Date or Time error message.

4. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

So that I might investigate, provide me with an example including callsign, date and time.

5. KM6WSI

KM6WSI Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

i have pending conf requested but not sure how to confirm.... I don't see a tool to confirm. I can select the qso but nothing allows me to confirm it.

6. W1DQ

For a confirmation to take place, both parties to the QSO (you and your worked party) must each independently enter a record of the QSO in their logbooks. QRZ then automatically tests to determine whether or not the following data fields in each record match the other with regard to callsigns, band, mode, and UTC date/time within a 30-minute window. If so, a confirmation is indicated; if not, none is indicated.

The info in regard to a request for confirmation is only default info and not the exact matching data. When "the box keeps coming up" it indicates that the data you have entered still does not match that data your worked party has entered in its logbook - hence a continuing failure.

It is up to the parties to themselves resolve the problem through direct contact via e-mail or private message.

7. KE6GAC

KE6GAC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

So for a new user, when I see a gray dot requesting a confirm. do I just hit the checkbox to confirm?

8. W1DQ

Open your logbook
    Click on INCOMING
    Select request

KE6GAC likes this.
  9. F5VHZ

F5VHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

The system has a lot left to be desired on that score.. Ive given up using my paper logbook as transferring the data and having to enter the time on every log is just so time consuming it's just not funny. Perhaps this is what was intended. But, and its a big but, the confirmation of qso, s is still a non intuitive function. A simple raised button in red showing a request for conformation would be super cool. Just touch the button and it turns green is all that's needed. Wouldn't that be so simple. And you could use the same button to request a confirmation by pressing the same button, or just have it done automatically with a verify button that serves to confirm your log data once entered and visible on the log page. This is after all, the last chance to verify the data. Call, frequency, if you are just using the qrz log. This confirm button could automatically send the confirmation request and give a visual indication by having the button change to half green and half red. When the other station enters his data and confirms it, his log will automatically send you a confirm request and that's all that's required to give you a green button and and confirm the qso. That would be so simple and user friendly wouldn't it?

10. W1DQ

It is already simple:
    • Go to your logbook
    • Enter the callsign of the worked party
    • Enter the date and time of the QSO (within a 30-minute window)
    • Enter the band
    • Enter the mode
    • Save the entries
    If your worked party is a QRZ Logbook participant and has entered its record of the QSO having matching field entries, a confirmation will automatically take place.

The QRZ Logbook operates on a double-blind basis to guard against false claims. If you have not logged the data up-front and cannot later recall the data to enable you to do this, then the QRZ Logbook is not for you.

KJ7JAH and WG7X like this.