Cannot upload Photo

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by K4TO, Mar 18, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: DLSpec-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
  1. K4TO

K4TO Ham Member QRZ Page

I am trying to add photos to my Bio page. I've done it before. I followed all the steps. It appeared to upload the photos, B UT the images do not appear in my gallery and so I cannot select and add them. Is something broken??

Dave, K4TO

2. AG7KO

AG7KO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I am having the same problem. Trying to upload new photos, times out and displays the error "Secure Connection Failed". I have tried this from two different computers with the same result.

3. UA6JD

UA6JD Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I upload to both of you QRZ_Bus_sm.jpg image - work OK. It still in your pages - I will delete it later when you check your pages

4. AG7KO

Just tried, here's what I got...I have not had trouble like this before:
    Hmm. We’re having trouble finding that site.

We can’t connect to the server at www.qrz.com.

If that address is correct, here are three other things you can try:

Try again later.
    Check your network connection.
    If you are connected but behind a firewall, check that Firefox has permission to access the Web.

5. AG7KO

I can delete images without issue

6. AG7KO

I deleted some of my photos and tried again. Here's the message I received:
    Secure Connection Failed

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
    Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

7. AG7KO

I just reduced the file size to 2.5 mb and it went. Does that mean file limitations are in place for the size of photo file being uploaded, or is there a timeout for files taking too long to upload?

8. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

2.5 + meg is a big file size for web browsing.

Compressing the large picture files more would help save bandwidth and page load speed.

I compressed this file, It is less than 1/2 the file size with little noticeable quality loss.

upload_2019-3-20_7-29-54.png

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
  9. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

Use both the method outlined by QRZ and also do a simple copy and paste. Have been told in response to another thread on posting photos to your bio page that using the copy/paste method may result in the photo not remaining permanent over time. Not being well versed in computers or software have no idea why this would happen but have yet to have a problem.

10. AG7KO

Maybe a note on the "add photos" page stating a file size limitation exists would eliminate some of the problem messages you're receiving about this issue. When it used to resize an uploaded jpeg file automatically in the past (similar to what social media sites do) and now we receive an error message might indicate to some that there is a communications problem rather than a file size issue.

I will resize my images in the future in Photoshop before uploading any content. Thanks for the feedback.