Cannot open node-RED from a Win 10 client browser

Discussion in 'Computers, Hardware, and Operating Systems' started by WF9Q, Aug 12, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-3
  1. WF9Q

WF9Q XML Subscriber QRZ Page

That is the trouble with being successful, asset protection cannot be taken lightly. If I was a bump on log, who really cares...nothing to protect would exist.

2. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Are you playing with this by chance ?

https://www.home-assistant.io/

3. WF9Q

I did ufw disable to test and that was not it.

It was installed on a Ubuntu LAMP and everything works fine. It just seems so odd that it initially would work on on a Ubuntu client then just stopped working the next day. That network is connected to the internet so its hard to say. I have deep packet running and it did not send any flags. After seeing the for fact findings regarding ssh keys being hard coded and finding out part of my networking equipment is from a company that was just breached means I don't trust my equipment. Its out of character for the Ubuntu stuff to act flaky, it does make me think a little bit about what might have happened or is happening now.

4. WF9Q

5. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

That is what hackers live for. Both Black and White Hat. :)

WF9Q likes this.
  6. WF9Q

Its not just hackers any more, going to stop their since this is a public place.

KA9JLM likes this.
  7. W8BE

W8BE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

You say it was working and stopped? Here are some ideas?

Running it on pc - you need to have it set to start on boot or manually start it every time.
    Running on Pi - It should config to run on boot. You can test by just typing node-red-log to see what it shows

If it is hanging up the log should show something to indicate that. That is where I would start is by checking the node red log. Also make sure your putting :1880 in the path for the editor or the ui.

Regards

8. WF9Q

Never thought of that, did not realize it was logging. I don't have a Pi it was on Ubuntu client. When I get some time this winter it would be a good project when its too cold to go outdoors.