ad: Amateur-1

Cannot open node-RED from a Win 10 client browser

Discussion in 'Computers, Hardware, and Operating Systems' started by WF9Q, Aug 12, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-3
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

That's not enough, remember Stuxnet?

2. WF9Q

WF9Q XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes, I sure do remember that. Our CNC's have Wifi that has never been initialized, it would be a really cool feature. Never trusted that from day one, one has web browser built in the UI. That is even more disturbing than wifi. It makes for plenty of WOW!! for sales, common sense no.

3. K6CLS

ummm, stuxnet was carried through the air gap on a USB drive.

4. WF9Q

Yes, I realize that, I had PGP on the brain.

It clearly states Huawei on the bottom line
    of the first column on page 38. Its mentioned several places, you should get a copy its an interesting read. Most certainly has me concerned with our networking gear that is on both sides of the security gateway.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2021
    K6CLS likes this.
  5. WF9Q

Yes, that is a big issue. Not thrilled with Haas any more, they locked us out of all the service features. Their tech had to insert a USB that had a special downloaded key from the Haas tech website. My heart jumped when I seen him do it. Their BS locking us out and the USB key iced a deal on a new UMC 750 5 axis.

Cannot believe that Haas is so greedy that they would put customers at risk with that policy. Its pure greed to keep the service department in cash. We are more qualified to work on the machines than their techs.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2021
    KK4NSF and K6CLS like this.
  6. W5UAA

W5UAA Ham Member QRZ Page

7. WF9Q

Not sure why I said PGP, I generate ssh keys and use ssh......

Going to play the old age card on this one.

8. K6CLS

9. WF9Q

So glad our honey pot data is air-gapped. Just found some information on the internet regarding a massive breach of a supplier of some of our networking gear. This is sad.

10. K6CLS

Oh yeah, it just goes on. You can never rest. Stay vigilant, and rely on multiple defense s in depth. Castle, moat, alligators, barbed wire, etc.