ad: wmr-1

Cannot log into QRZ

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by MI0NWA, Apr 6, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. MI0NWA

MI0NWA Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Hey guys, I cannot log into QRZ from any other device and the only reason I can post this is because I didn't log out from this PC. I know if I log out of this device I will be unable to log back in.
    Plus the support link https://ssl.qrz.com/support does not work and this is the only way I can inform QRZ of whats going on.

I have also been in contact with other Hams and they are suffering the same issue, one of them even logged out and was unable to log back in.

2. JA6XZS

JA6XZS Volunteer DX Helper Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Thank you for your informtion.
    I have already confirmed both problems you noticed.

I have send an email to HQ about this problems, so please be pacient for a while.

Thank you,

Kaz, JA6XZS

MI0NWA likes this.
  3. K8KWT

K8KWT Ham Member QRZ Page

I am having the exact same problem. I can only post from this tablet because I let it go to sleep without logging out. I was going to try resetting my password from this tablet but I just get a page saying it was unable to connect to this site. The page that came up suń£gested that the router maybe an issue, so I reset it but still have the problem. Can't notify QRZ of the problem with any device but this tablet. Based on the 1st post I will try to stay loged on with this device xo that I can still fully use QRZ site.

Bob K8KWT

4. N4AAB

N4AAB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I had the same problem, seems to be working now.

5. VE3CGA

VE3CGA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

back on again
    this brings an urgent need to be able to at least send an email to support
    Not sure about others but I couldnt log in or go to the support page to issue a ticket.
    I have no access to fax which honestly seems out dated technology to me and a mailing address, well thats about a week away from here

I would like to suggest an unpublished support mail address for at least paying customers to use
    when theres no way to report through normal channels

thanks for fixing things up
    Bob VE3CGA

N3MLB likes this.
  6. MI0NWA

MI0NWA Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Yeah seems to be working again but as you say, we need a way to contact support when this happens, only for me being logged in on another PC I would have had no way to flag the issue to anyone.

N3MLB likes this.
  7. M0YRX

M0YRX Ham Member QRZ Page

Had the same today, not able to log in and support page unavailable , the other day Thursaday ? actual forum pages were unavailable to me but could log in and use my log book. Could staff confirm this is just on going work by the engineer sorting bugs ?

8. KB1NAL

KB1NAL Ham Member QRZ Page

Same issue at this end in Region One Zone (New England)! Seems like the DNS or Server might have been down for
    maintenance and upgrade reasons. Would be nice if QRZ had a toll free number to contact support to verify in the future,
    when this site in NOT available. It was down for me from 0500 to 1600 UTC. What a bummer and hassle !

9. JA6XZS

JA6XZS Volunteer DX Helper Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi all,

Looks like all resumed normal display now.
    Have a try to log in, and check the support center.
    (had still no answer from the HQ)

From my end, all is ok now.

73, Have a great weekend!:)
    Kaz, JA6XZS

10. VE3CGA

VE3CGA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I had the same thing with the forums for a couple days. I ripped my new work apart thinking it was here. I just replaced my router to try and solve VOIP issues after switching from dsl to cable. So many changes here in the same few days.
    I also made changes to the windoze firewall with java, and was a dummy for not writing them down so I could back track ha ha
    I did write a ticket, then cancelled it after it came back on, couldnt win for trying

It is a hobby but as I found out this morning when trying to get azmuth settings for some few 2M stations, its almost mission critical since this site does so many things that make the hobby so easy. Had to go back to the ancient days of rotor aiming.

I'm thinking that the QRZ servers would have some server alarm that triggers emails to staff, we had them with our off site IT at a hospital I worked at. They quite often called me to reset some server or change a drive before I knew there was a problem.
    The only way I knew that it was affecting others was reading the forum and came across "MI0NWA's" post.

Anyway if I hadnt recently changed providers, dsl to cable, & home router, I might not have been suspicious of all the coincidences with the system here.