ad: Prosistel-1

Cannot download adi file - help!

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by KZ4AK, Dec 30, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KZ4AK

KZ4AK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

This was also posted in the logging forum section:

Downloading my logbook adi file has always been slow. Now it will not download at all. Need suggestions!

I request an export. After a while, it says it is ready and provides, in an email the link to retrieve it.
    When the link is executed, the process begins, but totally stalls.
    It goes(for example) to:
    s3.amazonaws.com/files.qrz.com/k/kz4ak/logbook/kz4ak.120776.20181230153940.adi
    From that point on, Firefox (and Chrome) displays "waiting for s3.amazonaws......"
    It never continues with the download request. Current attempt has been "waiting" for over 10 minutes.
    Perhaps complicating matters (?) is that I am stuck with HughesNet as an ISP. The HN up/download speed is great as reported by testmy.net, but HN often seems to take quite a log time to actually download a web page.

Thanks,
    Woody, KZ4AK

2. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

Sorry to be bearer of bad news - it's something on your ISP end as I downloaded the file in a couple seconds. I emailed it to you but you may not be able to open it until that trouble is resolved.

N6QIC likes this.
  3. KZ4AK

Thanks for the reply. Will contact Hughesnet support although they are not usually much help :(
    An interesting sidebar... I went to QRZ Customer Support Center to pose the question. After entering my email address and clicking on Continue, the same issue presented itself. No further activity while showing "waiting for s3.amazonaws.com...

Also, after about 30 minutes trying to download the adi, finally got the browser notification, Secure Connection Failed.

Woody, KZ4AK

4. KZ4AK

It is now fixed. HUGHESNET USERS TAKE NOTE !!!
    Hnet uses a compression technique they call Web Acceleration. Typically they recommend it be enabled. However sometimes it creates problems. Hnet disabled the "modem's" web acceleration and the "waiting for amazonaws.com" stall disappeared . Hnet pretty much sucks, but have no good alternative in rural Virginia.
    Happy New Year to all!
    Woody, KZ4AK

KJ4VTH likes this.
  5. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

That's real GOODE. ;)

6. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page