ad: chuckmartin

CANCELLED: Ballston Spa, NY Saratoga County Hamfest Sept. 27, 2020

Discussion in 'Hamfest and Convention Calendar' started by K2HAT, Jun 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

upload_2020-6-16_21-51-25.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    :cool:
    Saratoga County Hamfest

HAMFEST/CONVENTION

09/27/2020
    Start Date: 09/27/2020
    End Date: 09/27/2020
    162 Prospect Street
    Ballston Spa, NY 12020
    Sponsor: Saratoga County Amateur Radio Assn
    Type: ARRL Hamfest
    Talk-In: 147.00 and 147.24 both 91.5 Hz
    Public Contact: Peter Miller , W2BEW
    P.O. Box 353 3131 Route 9N Greenfield Center, NY 12833
    Phone: 518-893-7484
    Email: petermil@verizon.net

http://www.arrl.org/hamfests/saratoga-county-hamfest-2

2. K2HAT

This sad news was inside a pdf file in the club newsletter. Please share this sad news.
    Saratoga Ballston Spa September 2020 Hamfest cancelled

Hamfest update 07/16/2020 Jim KG2H

On Thursday July 16, the Board of Directors met to discuss our hamfest.

In light of the worsening Corona Virus situation in the country, and the recent uptick in the immediate Capital District area the board decided to cancel this year’s event.

The fairgrounds committee would not give us any guidance on their policy, because quite frankly they had no policy, nor guidance from either the Department of Health or their own legal counsel.
    The fairgrounds will hold our deposit and apply it to the date for our hamfest next year.

Although we are cancelling the physical hamfest, the board is considering other options to give the local hams some interesting things to do. The discussion centered something along the lines of our own virtual hamfest.
    There are a lot of things to consider and brainstorm along that route.
    If we go that route, the timing will not be the same as the existing date we had for the physical hamfest.

We will keep you informed as things develop.

One other thing the board approved was the establishment of a groups.IO discussion group for the club.

KG2H will get that set up and send out invitations for people to join. More information will be provided in the near future.

The final issue discussed was our WinLink connection issue. As you may know, the WinLink connection to our repeaters was disrupted due to a change in the ISP provider at the Wilton EMS.
    We resolved to have the new ISP provider give the Wilton EMS building a dedicated IP address for us to use exclusively for WinLink, and we would reimburse the WEMS for the $120 annual cost.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I copy pasted thus from a PDF File monthly newsletter. sad to see this cancelled too.

7 K2HAT

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
  3. W2TXB

W2TXB Ham Member QRZ Page

I am unable to find the original PDF... seems the club web site's newsletters (as of today at 1000) are shown for up to and including June, 2020.

Either way, that is, like the Batavia (NY) cancellation, a bummer (I was tentatively planning to attend both, despite there being a 5-6 hour drive to and from each). :(

4. K2HAT

PDF File was in an email. I forwarded the email to you and have copy pasted page one here.

Google maps shows 19 hours for me to get to my other home, it was 21 hours door to door a week ago. LOL. One of my tentative plans while being up north was to hit the hamfests. :(

upload_2020-7-17_10-31-3.png

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
    W2TXB likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.