ad: cq2k-1

CANCELLED: April 18 , Delmarva Amateur Radio & Electronics Expo - ARRL Delaware state convention

Discussion in 'Hamfest and Convention Calendar' started by W3UC, Mar 6, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. W3UC

W3UC Ham Member QRZ Page

CANCELLED

--April 18 2020 will be the Delmarva Amateur Radio & Electronics Expo at the Cheer Center in in Georgetown Delaware .
    http://www.radioelectronicsexpo.com/

Current vendors - HRO , The RF Connection , LDG , Fisher Cable , K B Cube , CALLSTUFF , and more . Lots of clubs selling used gear , several SK ham estates , and alot of great prizes!!!!! . There will also be good food and tailgating !!!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2020
    K3XR likes this.
  2. CELLIAEPRAXIS

CELLIAEPRAXIS QRZ Member

I'll be there for sure, can't wait.

3. W3UC

W3UC Ham Member QRZ Page

Hamfest has been canceled.
    Looking forward to seeing everyone April 17 2021.

4. N3VET

N3VET Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Why dont you have it in late summer or Fall !!! please dont cancel it all togeather

5. NQ4T

NQ4T Ham Member QRZ Page

It's often not as easy as just picking a new date. A lot of hamfests try to not conflict with others, both for the purposes of getting attendees to show up as well as vendors. There's also reservation of the venues; a lot of these places may still be booked solid for the rest of the year.

The logistics and reality of moving to a different date just aren't feasible in some situations. It's also unknown if we'll be able to have these things later this year...or even next year. Like my club is planning on trying again for 2021 with it's hamfest; but we honestly don't know. If we're still in this same situation next year and nothing has changed, then 2021 will be a no-go too.

KI4WCK and KC9ONY like this.
  6. N3VET

sir, i understand.. thought i would ask .. to bad , just have to hamfest it on QRZ .. HA HA !!

7. W3UC

W3UC Ham Member QRZ Page

Sorry I didn't see this sooner. As NQ4T mentioned changing dates can be a difficult thing . See ya April 17 2021

8. N3VET

ok sorry..

9. NQ4T

NQ4T Ham Member QRZ Page

It's a perfectly valid question to ask; I wasn't knocking you for it. I just wanted to give a straight answer. Sorry if there some detected undertones.

My club went through this a couple of years ago. For reasons I don't remember; we were unable to get our usual hamfest date as the facility owners decided to rent that weekend out to a "larger" event that coughed up more money; so we had to wind up having it on Father's Day. This caused a few issues with vendors that usually attended being busy at another fest. Apparently years ago they actually had it on the first Sunday in June; but this conflicted with a hamfest up in NY and a number of vendors would have rather gone up there.

I have found out in the last few years as I got more involved with the hamfest and meeting people in other hobbies that attend other fests....these people spend large chunks of time living on the road just going from fest to fest. So you paying attention to what's going on at a MUCH wider area; if not country-wide; pays off. Some do a circuit; they start near home and just plan out a loop based on what events they're going to set-up at for the entire country.

K2HAT likes this.
  10. OA3DTF

OA3DTF Ham Member QRZ Page

buenas tardes quieiera preguntar como puedo ser miembro de Ham ya que yo me encuentro como radio aficionado mi apelativo es OA3-DTF