CANADA REPORTS AGREEMENT TO DROP MORSE

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Jan 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
  1. WB6NYS

WB6NYS Ham Member QRZ Page

I Cannot believe all this whining over CW. Like any other mode of operation, A ham will learn it if they want to use it. No reason for it to be a "requirement" just like SSTV or RTTY ect. And as a ham said earlier, the lower HF bands sound very unprofessional now with a lot of cursing and bad mouthing. It's nearly as bad as the CB band now. Let's get over the CW thing and move forward!

2. ki4hpz

ki4hpz Ham Member QRZ Page

I passed the 5wpm morse code sat March 12/05 and i am now a General. I still think they should do away with the 5wpm requirement.

3. kd4mxe

kd4mxe QRZ Member QRZ Page

ki4hpz good for you on passing the code ,but you should not have to pass it to get to hf , i two am trying to get it , but right now not doing to good with it , but if i can make it , i will alwayes be to get rid of it as a requirement  to get to hf , and i beleave the fcc will do that ,but if they dont life will go on , but my support gose to the one that,s trying to get rid of it as a Requirement to hf , good luck to you 73 Bill

4. WB4L

WB4L Ham Member QRZ Page

So many of the traditions of our country have all but disappeared from the landscape.....kindness, civility, respect for others etc. etc.
    Morse code is a long tradition of our hobby, a common ground for hams since its inception. I sincerely hope that this fine tradtion, 5 wpm or 1 wpm, is not thrown as so many other traditions have been.
    Like other unique accomplishments in life, mastery of the code at any speed should be a source of pride for all of us who have invested time and money to be part of this wonderful hobby.
    even those of you who are looking for the easy way to upgrade, please think about this.

73 Al WB4L

5. KF4ZNL

KF4ZNL Ham Member QRZ Page

OH, MY GOSH !!!!!!!!! OH, MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!! WHAT A GRATE RIG!!!!!!!!!!! MORE THAN I COULD HAVE HOPED FOR. WOW!!!! AN IC 746 PRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS KY1V DAVE THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. WH6QV

WH6QV Ham Member QRZ Page

Well I just previewed the previous 30 pages of whether there should be a code or no code.
    Looks like an overwhelming vote for the no-code requirement casue the FCC passed it!
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.