Can you give a reason for NOT getting a 7300?

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Equipment Reviews' started by KC3PJ, Mar 24, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. KB1NXE

KB1NXE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I got an IC-7610?

2. W7ARX

W7ARX Guest

7610 a boat load more cost...but a real base type radio.

How would the 7300 compare to the FTdx-3000 I wonder...

VK6APZ, KA2FIR and KA8UGB like this.
  3. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

not very well

K9DD likes this.
  4. W7ARX

W7ARX Guest

Explain....I think both the 7300 and 3000 have pretty close performance...so what is the big difference in comparison....interested in your thoughts..

5. W7ARX

W7ARX Guest

NO definitive answer on that comment..

6. VE3CGA

VE3CGA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

the 7300 was my first choice as my retirement gift. Would have bought one if there was a matching vhf/uhf Icom radio for sale at the time.
    After a couple months deciding, got a 9100 and am impressed with its abilities. does satellites, pretty good pwr on vhf & uhf, dsp, 1 wire to the PC for sound, digital & control, separate antenna jacks.

WD4DXQ likes this.
  7. N1FMV

N1FMV Ham Member QRZ Page

Not a problem with the 7300. If you want buttons for functions rather than the touch screen get Ham Pod Icom reader:
    http://hampod.com

8. N1FMV

N1FMV Ham Member QRZ Page

Wish list for the future development:

two antenna jacks
    better built in speaker
    built in speech synthesizer like the old Icom radios and current Kenwoods
    More robust ATU

9. AJ6O

AJ6O Ham Member QRZ Page

Had mine for a year, and all I can say is t is the best HF rig I have ever owned in 40 years. I really like the band scope for spotting activity on the bands. Never heard a bad sounding one on the air, and it seems every one I talk to has one, that ought to tell you something.

K2MR likes this.
  10. PC1RZ

PC1RZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Had mine now for over half a year, traded my yeasu 450D in for it. Overall okay, but i certainly mis my 450D. Faint stations i could copy way better on the
    450D, with help of the contour filter. Also on a crowded band the 450 could be filtered, shifted, rfgained and contourded the heck out of it,to get the station i wanted most of the time.
    Reception itself might bet better on the 7300 in general and i love the bandscope.
    But when it gets tricky to get that one station you want, i d take the 450 over it, every time.

VK6APZ likes this.