ad: NI4L-2

Can you fix it

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by G4VCY, Jun 13, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. G4VCY

G4VCY Ham Member QRZ Page

Every time I get (Incoming) log book requests, I can never confirm them, every time I click save it says the date, or mode or something is wrong and it never is wrong, always matches it 100%?

2. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

First, there is no way for you to know what data exists in your worked party's logbook. For a confirmation to take place, both parties to the QSO (you and your worked party) must each independently enter a record of the QSO in their logbooks. QRZ then automatically tests to determine whether or not the following data fields in each record match the other with regard to callsigns, band, mode, and UTC date/time within a 30-minute window. If so, a confirmation is indicated; if not, none is indicated.

The info in regard to a request for confirmation is only default info and not the exact matching data. When "the box keeps coming up" it indicates that the data you have entered still does not match that data your worked party has entered in its logbook - hence a continuing failure.

It is up to the parties to themselves resolve the problem through direct contact via e-mail or private message.

3. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

If it's wrong "EVERY TIME" as you say, then something is wrong on YOUR end of the data.

Look for stupid stuff like: you are logging using local DATE instead of UTC date. Or local TIME instead of UTC time. Or a mix-up of both local and UTC (i.e., UTC time but local date)

When you say "always matches it 100%" - how could you know? How are you seeing the other guy's log data? QRZ is a "double blind" system just like LoTW so it's impossible to see the other station's data and say it "always matches it 100%".

Do you really mean "always matches my own logging software 100%"? In which case we're back to: you're using the wrong day/date format, not recording the band correctly, not reporting the mode correctly, etc.

Good luck - you'll sort it out. Just rest assured: it's something YOU are doing wrong in how you're entering the data

Dave
    W7UUU

4. G4VCY

Oh well, i pointed out a problem, so cant be used anymore

5. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Good luck sorting it out. You should get in touch with a couple of your QSO partners to compare data and see where the problem lies.

6. G4VCY

The QSO was long ago, 2017, new operator(First contacts log, out of thousands), we don't keep logs any more, no way of knowing what happened 2 years ago.
    Still deleted now anyway, will warn them not to use this, never know when its seen

7. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

And I believe others responded on possible causes and cures to your problem. The only two folks who can sort this out are you and your contact. The fact that many are using the log successfully should not be overlooked.

KP4SX likes this.
  8. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Is there not another more recent contact you could verify with the other guy? You were saying never/all/100% as if there were more than one.
    If you make the effort to go thru the drill with these contacts I'm sure you'll see what the problem is.