can we get a QRP forum?

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by KK4NSF, Dec 5, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. KK4NSF

KK4NSF Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm new here, and love this place. The only thing that I'd like to see added is a QRP section in the forums. In the CW area this topic has come up.... and I think it might be a good idea. What do you guys think?

KG5KOG likes this.
  2. KG5KOG

KG5KOG Ham Member QRZ Page

I was just looking for a QRP section to ask questions in.

3. W7CJD

W7CJD Ham Member QRZ Page

It would be good to find threads in one place.

4. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hello David,
    I have sent a message to an administrator about your question.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2015
    KK4NSF likes this.
  5. AG6QR

AG6QR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

At least in theory, many of the forums could have a QRP subsection. Certainly many "Homebrew and Kit Projects" are QRP. Some QRP operators enjoy "Straight Keys - CW Enthusiasts" topics. Much "On the Road" operating is QRP. QRP operators use antennas. Many of the "Other Modes" are often used at QRP levels.

It's already the case that if you have a question about QRP kit projects for portable CW operating, it's hard to know whether your query belongs in the "Homebrew and Kit projects" forum, or the "Straight Keys - CW Enthusiasts" forum, or the "On the Road" forum. I don't believe that adding yet another choice will improve this situation. I think it very well could make it harder, not easier, to find topics of interest.

6. KG5KOG

edit...

Actually I have just answered my own questions about what I want to do regarding QRP.

7. W7CJD

W7CJD Ham Member QRZ Page

That's just it.

The Search isn't turning these things up.

Only mention QRP and 10 pages Search result of "not really" QRP interest.

8. KK4NSF

AG6QR- I do see where there are topics of interest to QRP scattered within the other topics.... but that is the problem: they are scattered about. Just like the 'On the Road' section for mobile operators, it would be nice for us QRPers to have a place for low-power specific discussion.

9. KK4NSF

thank you

10. KG5KOG

Yes, like off the road, even backpacking as even though I am not backpacking.
    The portability of the radio, antenna, power supply, etc does relate to either of those.
    Meaning my transportation is not 4 wheels.
    That could apply to backpacking, kayaking, motorcycles.

To me the QRP forum should relate to anything QRP.
    transceiver, antenna, power supply....
    If for QRP it would go in there.
    A lot of those items are so interrelated that to me it makes sense to combine them.

This I don't consider mobile.
    I would not use the radio when riding.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
    KK4NSF likes this.