Discussion in 'QRP Corner' started by KC3JIN, Jan 15, 2018.
1. MFJ 94series
2. Hustler and DIY wire solutions
3. 10 and 20
Ooh, ten meters. I'll listen for you! High bands are definitely easier for portable ops.
I'm glad people keep responding to this. New posts are always welcome!
1) My Ten Tec Jupiter, for mobile, my Yaesu 857D
2) My all band inverted Vee, fed with genuine homebrew ladder line, and homebrew link coupler
3) 40 meters in general, 17 meters when sunspots exist (been a few years)
5) 3920, (Alaska Sniper's Net), 3933 (Motley Group), and bottom 25 KHz of any band that's open
6) Are there any negative numbers? We're in the Bermuda Triangle of RF here in interior Alaska
Flex Radio 1500
Hy Gain TH3, 32ft ground mounted vertical, 160M dipole.
1) Small Wonder Labs PSK-20 transceiver, 2-Watts
2) House rain-gutter system with tuner and artificial ground
5) Inside my antenna supporting structure (my house). Or, when portable, a pair of hamsticks in a dipole configuration.
6) Fun-Factor 7
Please do share:
1. Your choice of txcvr - K2 at home, K1 when at the park
2. Antenna - Dipole at home, Alex Loop or PAC 12 Vertical at the park
3. Band - Mostly 40m
4. Mode - Always CW
5. Preferred or common op spot - 7110-7120 and 7000 - 7030 and 7050-7070
6. Arbitrarily (scale of 1 to 10?) How successful you feel you are, with QRP - 8
Please do share:
1. FT-817nd,BHI dsp, SOTA beams mic compressor.
2. Antenna ultamax dx 100, run vertical up a jackite pole, run with a old manual tunner.
3. Band 20 meters (right now)
4. Mode Nothing but SSB (I love CW but am on a SSB experiment)
5. Preferred or common spot. I surf and pounch.
6. Arbitrarily (scale of 1 to 10?) How successful you feel you are, with QRP, at present. 8,
all but 5 states on 20 SSB and 12 DX contacts SSB with the sfi never above 75. In a year and a half. On really what is a nothing setup. I cant wait for a 125 sfi.
1. Rig - Ten Tec 525D Argosy-II
2. Antenna - Ground mounted Vertical or Dipole
3. Band - 20 m
4. Mode - SSB
5. Op Spot - Outdoor or my travel trailer
6. Arbitrarily (scale of 1 to 10?) When bands are good=10 ...... Now at solar minimum =5
I had just worked Australia with 5 watts SSB (^8
That Ten Tec is a rig I wanted when I was first starting.
Ten Tec 525 Argosy- 5 watts on CW. Dipole or beam antenna. Too much fun !!
MFJ 94's and Oakhill's are great cheap rigs.