ad: MyersEng-1

Can Someone EZnec This Antenna for Me ?

Discussion in 'Antennas, Feedlines, Towers & Rotors' started by K2WH, Jun 13, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-Geochron
  1. K2WH

K2WH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

This is the dipole I have been using for many years, lengths cut for 80 meters, and performs great even up to 6 meters via a Palstar tuner on other bands.

At the horizontal end points, there is a tree support and the wire goes over the tree, a slow arcing, sloping down to the end point so there is no 90 degree bend there.

This antenna has 2 resonances on 17 meters as well as 10 meters no tuner needed - just a lucky break.

The other HF bands have reasonable SWR IE. <= 4:1.

I live on a piece of sharply sloping property, glacial property, very rocky, and dirt but always wanted to know what antenna analysis software found with this.

Anyone want to give it a try ?

80 Meter Dipole.jpg

K2WH

Last edited: Jun 13, 2021
  2. WA7ARK

WA7ARK Ham Member QRZ Page

What is the balun in/out impedance?

ps ... I looked at your QRZ page, and found the balun info. However, the description of the antenna there does not match what you posted here? The picture in post #1 shows an antenna that is fundamentally resonant just below the 160m band.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2021
  3. K2WH

Oh yeah, forgot that.

Its 4:1, 50 ohm, 400 ohm.

4. WA7ARK

That would be 50:200?

I looked at your QRZ page, and found the balun info. However, the description of the antenna there does not match what you posted here? The picture in post #1 shows an antenna that is fundamentally resonant just below the 160m band.

5. K2WH

Duh, I'm not paying attention.

You are correct, the drawing is wrong, it is 32 feet on a side or close to that and the balun is 50 to 200.

Sorry for the misinformation.

6. WA7ARK

How confident are you that the wire length from the middle to each end is 64ft?

7. K2WH

Very confident, each wire was laid flat on the ground and measured and trimmed for 64 feet with a 100 foot tape measure.

8. W9XMT

W9XMT Ham Member QRZ Page

Below is an idea of what might be expected for the HF dipole configuration finally defined in this thread.

[​IMG]