ad: RichCrouch-1

can someone decode this cw id for me?

Discussion in 'Working Different Modes' started by KD0KKV, Jul 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. VE3PP

VE3PP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

So let me get this straight. When I state my opinions it is not ok with you? But you can state yours and it is supposed to be ok with others?

As for taking meds, you need to take something to calm you down before you blow a blood vessel and die right there on top of your straight key!

2. W2NCS

W2NCS Ham Member QRZ Page

Ignorant or Stupid?

You are either ignorant, stupid, or both. READ my reply to yours. I said "if you disagree, that is fine!". So, obviously it is ok to state your opinion. You just didn't have to be nasty about it. Trust me, if you want to get nasty I can be nasty with the best of them. Now, I no longer wish to feed you so there will be no more replies.

3. NN4RH

NN4RH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

ยง97.1 Basis and purpose.-

The rules and regulations in this Part are designed to provide an amateur radio service having a fundamental purpose as expressed in the following principles:
    . . .

(e) Continuation and extension of the amateur's unique ability to enhance international goodwill.

:(

4. K7MH

K7MH Ham Member QRZ Page

Gee...this is a fun thread!!:p

Where is the bunny with the pancake on it's head???

5. VE1IDX

VE1IDX Ham Member QRZ Page

6. KB2AAR

KB2AAR Ham Member QRZ Page

7. K3YDA

K3YDA Ham Member QRZ Page

Repeater controllers

I'll be darned if I am going to go the extra expense of upgrading a repeater to an overpriced controller with voice ID, when the models I have in use with basic CW ID have beautiful audio characteristics that I don't want to compromise. If you can't read CW, do exactly like the gentleman did and record it and ask someone else read it for you. I still do this if i need to ID a distant repeater or a commercial interference offender, because I can only read 8-10 WPM with any degree of accuracy.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2010
  8. KD0KKV

KD0KKV Ham Member QRZ Page

I can't believe this is still going. Several of you long-winded folks state things like
    which makes it quite clear that you're so eager to argue that you didn't even read past the first line of my original post. This wasn't intended to be a thread about opinion 4 months ago when I made the mistake of asking for help. That's why I posted it here and not in Talk and Opinions. Maybe a mod should move it there since that's all it is now.

9. WA4OTD

WA4OTD Ham Member QRZ Page

YEs, understand, while not technically true seems many sites and myself associate CW and Morse code. http://cw.hfradio.org/

As I mentioned in another post most people on 2M don't understand morse code. The ID should be in manner than people using the repeaters understand it.

OR, maybe we can bring back a small morse code ID test for the tech license, you have to listen to 5 CW repeater ID's and get them correctly. :D

10. K7JBQ

K7JBQ Moderator Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

Whatever purpose this thread might have served has been served. We've entered Dead Horse Country. Adios.

Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.