Can I move QSOs from one logbook to another?

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by KC8KBK, Feb 10, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
  1. KC8KBK

KC8KBK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I've been operating under a new callsign (M/ Prefix for overseas operation) for the past year or so, and just discovered that I can create a new logbook for the time I've been in Great Britain. Since I've been logging all QSOs to my normal, un-prefixed logbook, is there a way to move them all en-mass, or will I have to go through and re-type them individually?

Thanks very much, and 73
    Scott
    m/kc8kbk

2. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Export the 'old' log as an adif file and then import it to the 'new' log. I think that should work.

3. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Each logbook has a unique callsign and date range. It will only accept QSO records so identified. Additionally, the callsign should agree with that used during the QSO.

You apparently have QSO records in your KC8KBK logbook that are therefore improperly identified as KC8KBK QSOs; they should have been identified as M/KC8KBK QSOs and entered into the (newly created) M/KC8KBK logbook.

QSOs exported from a logbook are identified with that logbook's callsign. The resulting ADIF file would need to be edited to change the STATION_CALLSIGN field (according to the coding rules in the ADIF spec - see www.adif.org ) for those QSOs which are appropriate, deleting the rest, prior to importing it into the M/ logbook. Then the same QSOs should be deleted from the non-M/ log.

4. K4VM

K4VM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Sorry, that's not an answer. I have a similar problem and could use some help on this. I use HRD Logbook. I created a logbook here for a specified QTH and started uploading to that QRZ logbook. Then I moved to another QTH. Completely forgot about this foolish need to create another logbook for the new QTH. I've now uploaded nearly 100 QSOs into the wrong logbook (QTH #1) and need to move those contacts to the correct logbook (QTH #2). Would very much appreciate a clearly stated set of steps that would result in moving those entries from one logbook to the other. Thanks and 73, Bill K4VM

5. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

There are different issues in your case.

You currently have two logbooks:
    • Callsign: K4VM Start Date: 2019-05-14 End Date: 2027-10-31
    • Callsign: K4VMEL98EK Start Date: 2019-07-15 End Date: 2027-10-31
    You have improperly created the logbook having the callsign K4VMEL98EK. You are making QSOs using the callsign K4VM; your worked party is recording that QSO as having been with K4VM. At no time is K4VMEL89EK used as a callsign and a confirmation will never take place. The logbook is improper.

Assuming the location changed on 2019-07-15, you want to have two logbooks as follows:
    • Callsign: K4VM Start Date: 2019-05-14 End Date: 2019-07-14 [QTH #1]
    • Callsign: K4VM Start Date: 2019-07-15 End Date: 2027-10-31 [QTH #2]
    Steps to take:
    • delete the logbook K4VMEL98EK
    • enter a support ticket requesting that your K4VM logbook be split into two by date ranges ref: https://ssl.qrz.com/support

6. AJ3O

AJ3O Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

A little late to the party here but I did get my new logbook setup for the new qth. I only moved 16 miles but here we are with two logbooks now. I go to check my standings and now I have to check in two separate places not to mention if I get an ATNO, it won't count as my accumulated total, it only adds to my new logbook.

LOTW, while I have to submit to the correct logbook, old or new, ALL of my contacts with the same call ALL register and count towards my total. Is this possible here as well and I just didn't "link" the two correctly?

Awaiting a reply or even a "Shaddup..." Hi hi

Joe / AJ3O

7. W1DQ

Your logbooks can be combined for Award credit.
    Open your logbook
    Click on Awards
    Follow Instructions for combining logbooks

8. AJ3O

AJ3O Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I understand checking for QRZ awards, but for example when I go to check my standings on the leaderboards, it would be nice to have all of my QSO's from the two logs already combined for a total tally.

Not a big deal as the few contacts that are in the new QTH log won't make that much of a difference now but later on when I have two logs with over 4000 Q's it would make a huge difference when checking the QRZ leaderboard stats. I'll just keep switching back and forth between the two I guess.

It is only a personal thing as I like to see how I stack up to others that have been logging much, MUCH longer than me. Mainly some of my Elmers. Hi hi

Thanks and 73,
    Joe / AJ3O

9. W1DQ

Inasmuch as both logbooks have the same unique callsign, albeit different date range, it might be possible to combine them. This can only be done by Headquarters.
    Suggest you contact: https://ssl.qrz.com/support