Can I get a Icom 7851, IC-P, 6 Band Cobweb Antenna, 100 Ft. of Coax Cable & installation for free...

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by K9RMR, Jan 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-3
  1. WE4B

WE4B Ham Member QRZ Page

This guy needs professional help. It's obvious that he doesn't have family that can properly guide him.

N7ZAL, N2EY and N6QIC like this.
  2. VK4HAT

VK4HAT Ham Member QRZ Page

How do the deaf people talk then?

N6QIC likes this.
  3. N6QIC

N6QIC Ham Member QRZ Page

He calls him self a Cyborg.

help1.jpg

4. N6QIC

N6QIC Ham Member QRZ Page

Very funny, This is what they will arrest you for, holding a sign.

homless.jpg

If they catch you with a stove or a tent you will get a camping ticket that most homeless people probably can't pay.

VK4HAT likes this.
  5. K3EY

K3EY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I confess: I got the idea from an individual who does this in the Pittsburgh area for last several years, and he is still dying. I also read where they can make up to 65 grand a year. I believe that after seeing for myself people consistently handing this guy money. This is at a very busy shopping district near the Pittsburgh airport.
    I could even post a picture. Note: mentioned pic before seeing the one above. I would use zoom, wouldn’t get close to that guy.

N6QIC likes this.
  6. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

Randall,

Unlike your post or Zed page, I'll be brief.

Three important words: wants versus needs

One important concept: know the difference

Hunger is generally a great motivator.

Happy trails,

Jeff

WZ7U and N2EY like this.
  7. N5PZJ

N5PZJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

522502BE-1455-482E-B572-5F5880BEC0EC.jpeg

KA0HCP, N2UHC, N2EY and 4 others like this.
  8. W4IOA

W4IOA Ham Member QRZ Page

I had a hard enough time getting attic help for a coax run. I've given away ham stations to newbies, but nothing beyond wire antennas and a hybrid. If this guy was close enough I might give him a dipole and some coax, but I have my doubts it's good to supply anything to him, he might just hurt himself. I hope he can find some group to elmer him.

9. W1VT

W1VT Ham Member QRZ Page

In 1978 I think I did some hams a favor by accepting some vintage 1960s tube type gear! I was able to use a DX-20, a VF-1, and later a Johnson VFO that was more stable than the VF-1. My first contact was on 21.150 usingf a 7.050 MHz crystal in 1978. Come to think of it, I also got crystals for free!

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
  10. AD0AC

AD0AC Ham Member QRZ Page

Randall,

To answer your question, no, nothing in life is free. Not even scholarships.

N2EY and N6QIC like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.