Can I get a Icom 7851, IC-P, 6 Band Cobweb Antenna, 100 Ft. of Coax Cable & installation for free...

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by K9RMR, Jan 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: L-Geochron
ad: abrind-2
  1. N3AB

N3AB Subscriber QRZ Page

But he has had his license for over a "yer". o_Oo_Oo_O

2. VE3ZYR

VE3ZYR Ham Member QRZ Page

The forgotten pony...
    pony.jpg

W4NNF and N6QIC like this.
  3. WW2E

WW2E Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, you answered your own question! Get one of those thousands of college scholarships, go to college, get a job that's compatible with your disability (there are many), and then -- you'll have the money to buy your radio gear.

KU4X, KC1DQH, N6QIC and 1 other person like this.
  4. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Scholarship means you go to school. It's not free money for you to do with whatever you want. I didn't get any scholarships yet I'm going to school. Full time; and I'm 54.

N3AB, WF4W, KC1DQH and 2 others like this.
  5. WE4B

WE4B Ham Member QRZ Page

My Dad always told me that it never hurts to ask and the worst that can happen is that you will get told "no". So in this case, I say "no". Surely there is a family member that can give you guidance or possibly a church or social group. While you may have needs that are different than my own, to openly beg for amateur radio equipment is something you should NOT be doing.

KC3RN, AB8MA, N6QIC and 1 other person like this.
  6. AF7XT

AF7XT Ham Member QRZ Page

KN1M likes this.
  7. W7UUU

W7UUU Principal Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

N7ANN, AC0TP, KY5U and 1 other person like this.
  8. AF7XT

AF7XT Ham Member QRZ Page

...runs , hides

9. N6QIC

N6QIC Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Dave,
    No I was not scolding you and I am very sorry if it sounded that way.
    I was just trying to give you a heads up about the guy, so we could all try to help him out.

But I have given up on trying to help him. I shouldn't have bothered, sometimes I just try to hard. We all tried to help him and he didn't even respond to our messages. I guess he just doesn't get it.

Thanks Dave, :)
    Lisa

AC0TP, AF7XT, KY5U and 1 other person like this.
  10. N6QIC

N6QIC Ham Member QRZ Page

Good idea, that is if he doesn't get arrested first. In California it is a $250.00 fine for signing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.