Can I get a Icom 7851, IC-P, 6 Band Cobweb Antenna, 100 Ft. of Coax Cable & installation for free...

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by K9RMR, Jan 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: HRDLLC-2
  1. NM7L

NM7L Ham Member QRZ Page

"Are you sure that it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?"

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
  2. K5ITM

K5ITM Ham Member QRZ Page

Dear Santee Claus,

If you deliver a 7851 to K9RMR, I’d like one too.... in fact could you just put one in everyone’s stocking this year? I’m ok waiting till Christmas. Thanks... ur the best!!

On a serious note, you don’t need any of that equipment. Put your extra license to use... you can put something together for next to nothing that will teach you the joys of radio just as well as all that $$$ gear.

N8FGB likes this.
  3. KF0G

KF0G Ham Member QRZ Page

W5TTP likes this.
  4. K0MB

K0MB Ham Member QRZ Page

Your QRZ page seems to be all about you?

N6QIC and W0CD like this.
  5. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I can send all that stuff at no cost, but with shipping charges collect.

Shipping charges are $14,000. Just pay the UPS guy.

KN1M, N6QIC, N3AB and 3 others like this.
  6. W0VRA

W0VRA Ham Member QRZ Page

This is a great story. You learned that you don't need the stuff you're asking for.

Do you know code? CW QRP is crazy inexpensive to get on, cheaper than your HT. There are ways to get on phone pretty low cost, too.

KF0G likes this.
  7. W6GMT

W6GMT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Best example of what wrong with this country. I have seen this week.

KN1M, K1OIK, W0CD and 3 others like this.
  8. KF0G

KF0G Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi
    What's wrong is we HAVE to pay taxes for military, defense, crazy politics.,,,,instead of radios, etc. heck, I could have a Bugatti Veyron.

9. N1FMV

N1FMV Ham Member QRZ Page

Randall, like you I was denied entry into the military due to a bent spinal cord and deformed right leg. I wasn't blind at that time but would have lost that career as I went blind at 28. I have made donations to Handihams (national organization for disabled hams) and the Zola Amateur radio club (a local club for disabled hams). I am sorry that I can't point to any scholarships for hams. That doesn't mean they don't exist, only that I don't know of any. The local Zola ham radio group gives some old VHF equipment to new hams but nothing like the desires you have. In the past hams were delighted to help other hams with knowledge and *constructive* advice. Sadly it seems those days are gone. Messages like yours seem to bring out the dregs with the typical slams of "pull yourself up by your own bootstraps", "when I was your age I walked to school uphill in the snow both ways in Miami with only a used cigarette pack for shoes", and even a suggestion that you engage in coitus with a member of the equine family. The best I can offer is that you join a local club and do some trading up? Do you have a talent like, auto repair, computer repair, gardening, babysitting, public speaking? You can trade your time and talent for some basic equipment. Obviously it won't be exactally what you want but once you get the ball rolling you can keep trading up.
    Best of luck

Frank

10. KA0USE

KA0USE Ham Member QRZ Page

check with bill gates. he funds all kinds of educational things.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.