ad: Alphaant-1

Can I get a Icom 7851, IC-P, 6 Band Cobweb Antenna, 100 Ft. of Coax Cable & installation for free...

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by K9RMR, Jan 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. K9RMR

K9RMR Ham Member QRZ Page

That's right I am asking how do I get a Icom 7851, Ic-P Linear Amplifier, 6 Band Cobweb Antenna, 100 foot of Coax cable & installation for free...

I know there is a way I just don't know what that way is.

Think of it as a college scholarship, there are literally 100's of thousands of college scholarships available to you to take advantage of you just have to know where to look and what qualifications need to be met to qualify for said scholarship.

And similar to those college or continuing education scholarship attempters I am instead asking for some really nice amateur (ham) radio equipment such as the a Icom 7851, Ic-P Linear Amplifier, 6 Band Cobweb Antenna, 100 foot of Coax cable & installation for free.

I know what most of you right now are thinking, here is a guy who has progress ti the level of amateur extra and is tired of the limitations of his $49 Baofeng BF-F9 V2+ Hand Held radio with it's $10 accessory whip antenna and, really like the hobby but is frustrated by his current limitations, wants some really nice gear so he can learn and do a lot more, which in and of it's self isn't a bad thing but where it gets bad is that he doesn't want to have to earn the money himself, what a bum, how dare he come on the forums at QRZ.com and "ask" or "beg" for money and/or really nice equipment. Nobody handed me any free equipment. so why should I or anybody else help K9RMR, who does this K9RMR bum think he is? free equipment an supplies and not just free equipment and supplies but really nice equipment and supplies to boot...

Well I guess I can start off by saying that I have been in the hobby for just over 1 yer now and I have both learned a lot, to say the least and I am enjoying the hobby as well, despite my current radio equipment limitations. Second I can talk about all of the photos ad video I have made and posted online taking about the good and the bad and my like and dislikes of this amateur radio hobby I now find myself in.
    I could tell you about the first time I made a contact, the first time I got a QSL card in the mail or the first time I called CQ while on one of the two local repeaters in nearby Columbus, Indiana. I could tell you about my first ham convention at the Bartholomew County 4-H fair grounds in Columbus, Indiana or my first ARRL field day experience where a blind ham operator pulled out an old amateur radio that looked like it came straight out of the 1920, had to be assembled to put the receiver and transmitter together and my thinking how a radio that only transmit 5 watts of power will ever be able to do any really communicating, after al I have a baofeng BF-F9 V2+ with a 15" whip antenna and it can transmit using 8 watts and I see when he goes to operate that one of his first contacts is with a another ham in New York City, NY and I see firsthand what I read about and saw talked about in those youtube videos about the bigger the antenna the better the propagation and how transmit power wasn't the only factor in getting your signal out. I had read about and and saw videos about it but to see what 5 watts could do with a really big 30foot antenna that I had helped some other set up just 20 minutes earlier was something I will never forget.

While I don't like resorting to this It is something I have available in y arsenal as it were And I don't ike using it because I don't like having it in general, to say the least.. I suffered from juvenile scoliosis while in Jr. Hugh School which continued into my high school years. In my early 20 I worked a local job at the Local Krogers store so I after 9 months of employment I could get the really good health insurance to make my back and my life better. The surgery helped, I look a lot better, trust me when I say having a curved spine really suck, to sy the least especially when you talk to most people who think scoliosis is an affliction had mostly by young teenage girls. but even though my surgery work in some ways I still have a bad back , was ineligible for military serice, have chronic back pain every day of my life and require over the counter pain reliever every day to deal with as much of the pain as I can. look up Randall M. Rueff Back X-Ray on Flickr if you are really interested to see what I am talking about. I don't qualify for government assistance because my condition happened to me at such a young age. I suffer every day from back pain but none-the-les I do my best to make the most out of every day and a Icom 7851, IC-P Linear Amplifier, 6 Band Cobweb Antenna, 100 Ft. of Coax cable & installation for free really would go a long way.

Lastly I think I will leave you with the fact that in may ways I am like that would be college kid who wants to now more so he can do more and become more in life and for the world, I am like that kid who want sea d desire t be or do something but needs help. In this particular instance it is in the form of an Icom 7851, IC-P Linear Amplifier, 6 Band Cobweb Antenna, 100 Ft. of Coax cable & installation for free...

I plan to continue in this hobby and several others with or without your help but with your help would be a lot better.

my name is : Randall M. Rueff

My call sign is : K9RMR

My address is : Randall M. Rueff P.O. 412. Taylorsville, Indiana 47280-0412 U.S.A.

My E-Mail : RandallMatthewRuef@Comcast

I hope you had an interesting time reading my QRZ.com Forum posting.

Good day & God Bless...

Kilo -Nine - Rome0-Mike-Romeo
    (K9RMR)

73 and I am clear...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
  2. WF4W

WF4W Ham Member QRZ Page

1b1.gif

K4EI, 2E0TZX, N2UHC and 13 others like this.
  3. K4VLF

K4VLF Ham Member QRZ Page

Rupert - what a sad story. I want to help: I have plenty of cobwebs, and a picture of your ICOM radio. You can have it all!

I will be home all day tomorrow, so stop by any time, and start your adventure!

N8FGB likes this.
  4. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

No. Sorry.

N6QIC likes this.
  5. W0AEW

W0AEW Ham Member QRZ Page

You'll have more luck begging passing pedestrians at your local mall. Then, use that money to take a couple of freshman composition courses so you can write better pleas. In other words, go fund yourself and the horse you rode in on.

KJ4PBW, WG7X, KJ7MX and 5 others like this.
  6. WN6U

WN6U Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

And be real nice to the horse.

WG7X, N6QIC, N3AB and 1 other person like this.
  7. W5TTP

W5TTP Ham Member QRZ Page

Ok, this has to be a sick joke. It is Akin to the constant begging for those asking for radio "donations", or the multitude of tv beggars asking for"only" 19 bucks a month.

Is it April, yet?

K1OIK and N6QIC like this.
  8. W0VRA

W0VRA Ham Member QRZ Page

An intriguing idea!

Please explain how you will do "more... for the world..." with this nice equipment. Maybe start with what you will do for the ham community in particular then how you can improve the world for humankind in general. Let's leave making new friends out of the discussion for now.

K1OIK likes this.
  9. K3EY

K3EY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Make up a sign saying you have liver cancer and homeless, dress and smell dirty at a busy intersection, you’ll have enough money to buy everything you want within a year, with change.

N2UHC and N6QIC like this.
  10. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

"TANSTAAFL."

However, some understanding local ham might have some older HF gear they'd give, loan, or sell you for a small amount.

Back when I was a young man, I used to dream about a KWM-2 and a massive Henry amplifier. If only I had that gear, I could be somebody! Well, nobody understood my need for that wonderful rig...and I settled for a cast-off wreck of a Drake TR-4 that I had to repair. Which I did, and which I had at least as much fun with as I would have had with that beautiful Collins. How do I know? I persisted in the avocation, and there was eventually a pretty KWM-2A in my shack. Funny thing, though? I didn't have any more fun than I had with my patched together Drake. :)

N8FGB likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.